Any one order the Sapphire?

SapphireKing

Cars
Prius Prime, S & X Plaids
New Member, wondering if anyone has ordered the New Sapphire. I am interested in reserving one. Currently have a Toyota Prius Prime.

I just got the email, but definitely not ordering one for many reasons, price being number one. Interesting price point and I'm curious what Air DE folks think? Is it worth the extra $80k for another 100hp, carbon brakes, extra software for the, and an exclusive color? I'm certainly looking forward to folks testing the sub-2 second claims in real life.

I just got the email, but definitely not ordering one for many reasons, price being number one. Interesting price point and I'm curious what Air DE folks think? Is it worth the extra $80k for another 100hp, carbon brakes, extra software for the, and an exclusive color? I'm certainly looking forward to folks testing the sub-2 second claims in real life.
It isn’t worth it for me. But if I didn’t have the DE? Maybe.

Well I already have the "exclusive color" (Eureka Gold) and I've only done launch control one time with my Dream Performance and I doubt I will ever do it again as the pressure on my chest and hitting 100 mph in just a few seconds was too much!! So to answer your questions for me it is not worth $80K; not even close.

Well I already have the "exclusive color" (Eureka Gold) and I've only done launch control one time with my Dream Performance and I doubt I will ever do it again as the pressure on my chest and hitting 100 mph in just a few seconds was too much!! So to answer your questions for me it is not worth $80K; not even close.
Man, I launch at least once daily, hahaha

After lengthy discussion, I decided not to upgrade because I feel the ride will suffer with the stiffer suspension. My biggest concern is that it will take the DE from being the ultimate GT car to something less than that for a slightly faster launch and tracking. Maybe after some reviews and how it compares I would, but by then, I'll have put down my reservation for a Sapphire Gravity 😁

I just don't think it's worth it. Makes the Plaid look like a bargain and to be fair, the Lucid may handle better and have the proper brakes etc. but if people are purely focusing on the 0-60 to price then Plaid will always win hands down. I wouldn't be surprised to see Elon say something about the price difference to throw shade at Lucid and show you can basically have it in the Plaid for cheaper.

I was interested until I saw what the Kinetic energy of the Sapphire TNT equivalent is at 200MPH

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-23 at 1.46.10 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-08-23 at 1.46.10 PM.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 165
After lengthy discussion, I decided not to upgrade because I feel the ride will suffer with the stiffer suspension.

I have been sorely tempted and engaged in quite a bit of discussion on the homefront, but the stiffer suspension was a main consideration holding me back, too. Then I had another dump of software problems yesterday and decided to hold off on any further Lucid product until I see what they do with the software issues. (I put down a $25,500 deposit based on confidence in Rawlinson's assurances that the Dream Edition would launch as a fully-fledged vehicle. I'm not going to put down another $24,900 on that promise again.)

After lengthy discussion, I decided not to upgrade because I feel the ride will suffer with the stiffer suspension. My biggest concern is that it will take the DE from being the ultimate GT car to something less than that for a slightly faster launch and tracking. Maybe after some reviews and how it compares I would, but by then, I'll have put down my reservation for a Sapphire Gravity 😁
oh no, i was hoping you'd upgrade so i can sit in it again 😂

oh no, i was hoping you'd upgrade so i can sit in it again 😂
I was > < this close. But, my kids already get car sick when I'm too aggressive...and the DE is my school run car!

I just don't think it's worth it. Makes the Plaid look like a bargain and to be fair, the Lucid may handle better and have the proper brakes etc. but if people are purely focusing on the 0-60 to price then Plaid will always win hands down. I wouldn't be surprised to see Elon say something about the price difference to throw shade at Lucid and show you can basically have it in the Plaid for cheaper.

I'm not going to upgrade. But I know a few folks who are tempting but waiting for more results before committing to purchase.

If the Sapphire runs neck and neck with the Plaid on 0-60 and 1/4 mile, then it would be harder to make a case.

But if it smacks the Plaid just as the Rimac did, then it's a bargain. After all, lot of rich guys don't want a second-best when they aim for a sport car.

I fell for the Lucid PR machine once; it won't happen again.

If I want a Sapphire, I will wait until it's been out for 6-9 months and see what forum members have to say about it.

New Member, wondering if anyone has ordered the New Sapphire. I am interested in reserving one. Currently have a Toyota Prius Prime.
I reserved one but didn't notice the $25K deposit until completing the reservation. My Ferrari didn't require that much. So I canceled. Appears LUCID wants to make sure the rservations are really serious. Wonder what they'll do if not enough orders at this deposit.

I pre decided I was going to order.

Oders opened a couple minutes before 9am pacific and I was ready.

Yesterday I took delivery of a BMW 760. One of the last 12 V12s.
One of the best of the past,
The Sapphire is one of the best of the future.

I‘m going to sell my Dream Edition, drive the old school V12, and hope for a Q2 delivery of a Sapphire.

I‘m hoping I can take delivery at the factory, immediately put enough miles on it that the resale value plummets, and just keep on driving it.

Also hoping there is a significant UI update between now and then.

Attachments

• 0E41CBB6-6592-4384-AE7F-C349ED4B6F6F.jpeg
    0E41CBB6-6592-4384-AE7F-C349ED4B6F6F.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 127
I pre decided I was going to order.

Oders opened a couple minutes before 9am pacific and I was ready.

Yesterday I took delivery of a BMW 760. One of the last 12 V12s.
One of the best of the past,
The Sapphire is one of the best of the future.

I‘m going to sell my Dream Edition, drive the old school V12, and hope for a Q2 delivery of a Sapphire.

I‘m hoping I can take delivery at the factory, immediately put enough miles on it that the resale value plummets, and just keep on driving it.

Also hoping there is a significant UI update between now and then.
You are my hero!!

Back