All weather mats

thecodingart

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid AGT
Referral Code
JWJOWFN3
Does Lucid offer all weather mats. I’d honestly like to put them down everywhere including the frunk.

Not yet....maybe never

Will probably have to wait for something from WeatherTech, Husky or Tuxmat

Maxpider already scanned the Lucid months ago but don't think they ever brought anything to market yet

I’m trying out the cut-to-fit mats from WeatherTech and Husky in the next few days.

Not having an all-weather or black carpet mat option is keeping me from even considering an interior that has light carpets. I just know that I'd stain them!

Maxpider already scanned the Lucid months ago but don't think they ever brought anything to market yet
I sent a message to 3D Mats, who make the Maxpider, a few weeks ago to see if there was an update on availability. No response...

I've been using the Motor Trend mats since receiving my Lucid but they were really sliding around when driving, so I ordered and got the WeatherTech cut to fit mats and the Husky cut to fit mats today.

From left to right in the picture below:

Motor Trend mats:
* Pros: best coverage area, good bucket for dirt. Three piece system. @hydbob recommended
* Cons: Slides around, feels thin & light. The Motor Trend logo really bugs me.

WeatherTech Cut to Fit:
* Pros: Good system for securing to floor so it doesn't slide, Higher quality. Three piece system. Tackier than the Husky for better grip.
* Cons: Not as heavy as Husky. Doesn't cover as much as the Husky either. The front's not a great fit for the Lucid but the back is pretty darn good.

Husky Cut to Fit:
* Pros: Heaviest. Cheaper than the WeatherTech. Decent carpet coverage in the front. Has a decent-looking bucket.
* Cons: Comes only in black. A bit more slippery than the WeatherTech. Only comes as a four piece system, which isn't great for back coverage. Doesn't have a system for securing to floor but it's heavier than the Motor Trend.

Given all that, I'm going with the WeatherTech and will see if it holds up but keeping the Husky just in case, as it was less than $40. And everything is cheap compared with a $150K car. I can't wait to get custom mats. The car really needs them, especially for winter.

I also applied Velcro to the back to stick to the discs in the carpet of the Lucid for extra security.

1653162139333.png

Last edited:
That's a nice review. Based on it I got the Weather Tech and absolutely agree the logo is a nogo. I have tried solvents assuming it's a stick-on, but no. Going to try heat next. It's possible the logo is molded all in one go as part of the mat, in which case I will grind it off.
I always debadge my cars if the company doesn't pay me to advertise. Yes I will take all the Lucid badges off. Mercedes offers debadging as an option.

I corresponded with 3D 10 days ago and they said:

“Products have passed our testing, and are being manufactured.
We will expected container to arrive 3-5 months.
Please save this product SKU # L1LU00001509 for the complete set of liners.”

I don’t know if it includes trunk and frunk liners.

I sent a message to 3D Mats, who make the Maxpider, a few weeks ago to see if there was an update on availability. No response.. it

That's a nice review. Based on it I got the Weather Tech and absolutely agree the logo is a nogo. I have tried solvents assuming it's a stick-on, but no. Going to try heat next. It's possible the logo is molded all in one go as part of the mat, in which case I will grind it off.
I always debadge my cars if the company doesn't pay me to advertise. Yes I will take all the Lucid badges off. Mercedes offers debadging as an option.
Curious…is brand removal just with your cars or all things branded?

Weathertech logos come off all by themselves ... 🤔

Attachments

• Mats.jpg
    Mats.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 138
I just put in the Motor Trend mats this weekend - we got rain here in SoCal last week for the first time in forever and I was freaking out, so ordered on Amazon. The Motor Trend mats arrived in a few days in time for today- it's pouring, so thankful for Amazon's speedy shipping. They look good in grey and cover up the front of the footwell which is really important. I wanted the AIR logo, but the grey is out of stock every time I sign on to order them. And frankly, I think the $37 for the Motor Trend mats is fine, $250 - and it doesn't cover that front of the floor well which wet feet will be drawn to! I hate the Motor Trend logo on them, but hate stained carpet even more.

Not having an all-weather or black carpet mat option is keeping me from even considering an interior that has light carpets. I just know that I'd stain them!
I got white carpets in my GV60 Performance but the exterior is black and I have ordered black OEM carpets which should arrive next week. I will then clean the white ones and put them in the closet.

I got white carpets in my GV60 Performance but the exterior is black and I have ordered black OEM carpets which should arrive next week. I will then clean the white ones and put them in the closet.
Hey. we are similar. I have my Air GT and a GV60. I didn't realize you have a GV60. Its a lot of fun. I also have a white interior and got black mats for the car. Are you on the GV60 forums as well? I tend to post about my GV60 and praises for that car on those forums instead of this one. Glad you like your GV60.

Cool. I reserved a RWD Pure but I will probably cancel it. I was waiting patiently expecting that on the November 15th announcement I would get word on the confirmation of the RWD Pure. Nope! And still nothing. I was willing to wait for the car (I had a very comfortable BMW 530e) but I got to the point where I was not willing to wait to find out if I even wanted the car. So when the GV60 Performance popped up, I grabbed it.

I actually prefer a smaller vehicle. The Lucid Air, like my 5 series BMW, was at the outer end of the length I would consider. So the smaller size of the GV60 is actually a plus for me. I like the car a lot. I just did a couple of local trips (no highway driving but lots of streets with 45 mph speed limits and traffic lights and stop signs) and was getting 3.3 mpkh. The only reason I got a 5 series was that BMW made you go up in size to get luxury. No so with the GV60 Performance. Nappa leather, ultrasuede headliner, etc. etc. I had already decided that I did not want a car with HP in the 300s because the BEVs are so heavy. I also had concluded that I didn't need a car with HP in the 500s. So something in the 400s was my sweet spot and the GV60 hit it. The car has pretty mature software and Highway Assist and 360 view are standard.

I do miss having a sedan for the handling. The GV60 is set up for a comfortable suspension and is a bit floaty in the twisties. The ride on the Lucid would be much, much better. I do suspect that at the cost of range, I can significantly improve the handling through better performance tires. I will probably do that. For the next few months I will be glad I got the GV60 because in a couple of weeks I am having my left hip replaced and the GV60 will be so much easier to get in and out of. After that, I will probably regret not waiting for the Lucid (assuming that Lucid hasn't decontented it so much that I no long would want it) But you are in the perfect spot to compare.

I thought I would care about the lesser range but I really don't. I got a 50 amp line put in my garage so I am charging at 40 amps. I don't do a lot of long trips so the GV60 range is probably sufficient, especially considering that like the Lucid it has very fast fast charging. If I ever needed more, and the highway charger network is still not built out sufficiently, I can always just rent a car.

I have stayed on this board as I still have the reservation. But once I cancel it I will probably depart this board.

I have been posting on two GV60 forums:

I haven't found any others.

Please share your thoughts on the two cars. They each have some benefits that the other doesn't.

I traced a mat for touring for a company called ExactMats. They now have them available. It wasn't accurate but the mats have done a good job so far keeping the interior clean. I got the black and the transparent ones and like the transparent ones with my light interior. Check them out.

I traced a mat for touring for a company called ExactMats. They now have them available. It wasn't accurate but the mats have done a good job so far keeping the interior clean. I got the black and the transparent ones and like the transparent ones with my light interior. Check them out.
I'm strongly considering the transparent ones. Any further feedback? Do they do a good job staying put?

Back