Alexa not working again.

Car Guy

Cars
Air Grand Touring Range
When I first got my GT on Nov. 17, Alexa wouldn't work, she responded but could not perform any functions. An OTA update fixed that, and for a while Alexa was perfect. After the most recent OTA update Alexa has gone silent. The blue light bar comes on, but nothing happens, just silence. Since Lucid still doesn't have Apple CarPlay I'm stuck with a very limited system. I have to pull off the road and park to access certain functions such as navigation or when changing music. I called Lucid Help center, they were aware of the problem and promised a fix, but so far nothing. Are others having this issue?

When I first got my GT on Nov. 17, Alexa wouldn't work, she responded but could not perform any functions. An OTA update fixed that, and for a while Alexa was perfect. After the most recent OTA update Alexa has gone silent. The blue light bar comes on, but nothing happens, just silence. Since Lucid still doesn't have Apple CarPlay I'm stuck with a very limited system. I have to pull off the road and park to access certain functions such as navigation or when changing music. I called Lucid Help center, they were aware of the problem and promised a fix, but so far nothing. Are others having this issue?
Are you trying to use it while playing an Atmos track? If so, that’s a known bug - just switch to any non-Atmos track and your Alexa will come back.

i'm on 2.0.33 and she doesn't work for me. i see the blue loading indicator and that stays for a very long time and doesn't respond to any voice commands.

i'm on 2.0.33 and she doesn't work for me. i see the blue loading indicator and that stays for a very long time and doesn't respond to any voice commands.
Again: are you trying it while playing an Atmos track? If so, known bug. If not, contact customer care.

Not playing any music. Alexa, won't still won't respond. But now I have a bigger issue. My pilot panel isn't working either. It illuminates with a star light scene with the name LUCID in the middle, and the bear at the bottom of the screen, but no functions. No, nav, no music, no seat controls, no info, nothing. The pilot panel won't retract either. I've reported it to Lucid Customer Assistance. I'm due to leave on a 1500 mile trip on Dec. 20. At this point the car isn't fit for a long trip like this.

Not playing any music. Alexa, won't still won't respond. But now I have a bigger issue. My pilot panel isn't working either. It illuminates with a star light scene with the name LUCID in the middle, and the bear at the bottom of the screen, but no functions. No, nav, no music, no seat controls, no info, nothing. The pilot panel won't retract either. I've reported it to Lucid Customer Assistance. I'm due to leave on a 1500 mile trip on Dec. 20. At this point the car isn't fit for a long trip like this.
Have you tried a reset?

Again: are you trying it while playing an Atmos track? If so, known bug. If not, contact customer care.
Yeah I may do the Bobby reset because it wouldn’t work for weather at xxx city.

Have you tried a reset?
I have tried the reset and also with the Lucid Tech over the phone. No improvement. The parking camera does not work either. I'm now waiting for the Tech Center to contact me, they will either send a tech person or I'll need to bring the car into the center.

Are you trying to use it while playing an Atmos track? If so, that’s a known bug - just switch to any non-Atmos track and your Alexa will come back.
so having TIDAl premium that gives great sound with atmos tracks can't be used ?

so having TIDAl premium that gives great sound with atmos tracks can't be used ?
Sure it can - it just can’t be used simultaneously with Alexa at the present moment due to a bug.

If you want to use Alexa, just switch to a non-Atmos track, for now. This is clearly not intentional and something they’re going to fix; I’m just providing you with the workaround for the bug.

Sure it can - it just can’t be used simultaneously with Alexa at the present moment due to a bug.

If you want to use Alexa, just switch to a non-Atmos track, for now. This is clearly not intentional and something they’re going to fix; I’m just providing you with the workaround for the bug.
thx. Separate question ... I have seen numerous bad experiences on the Forum after updating to 2.0.35. I am gun shy about doing the update. Any thoughts/recommendations?

thx. Separate question ... I have seen numerous bad experiences on the Forum after updating to 2.0.35. I am gun shy about doing the update. Any thoughts/recommendations?
Always update; you’ll have to anyway, since in order to get 2.0.36 you’ll need to install 2.0.35 first. You can’t “skip” versions; plus, 2.0.36 just started rolling out.

Always update; you’ll have to anyway, since in order to get 2.0.36 you’ll need to install 2.0.35 first. You can’t “skip” versions; plus, 2.0.36 just started rolling out.
thx. Just updated. So far, all OK

That's ironic - can't use Alexa to change audio sources from Tidal. Have to push buttons while driving. Yuck.

All day today I just get "sorry, I didn't get that. The internet isn't reachable" Is Anyone else having this problem? Any solution?

Back