Air's Delivered After June 15th Issues?

rbbarry

Just curious, for those who received their Lucid Air vehicles after June 15th or so, do you guys notice any fit and finish issues or other hardware issues with the car?

I have only had my GT for a week. The fit and finish is beautiful. Only issue I have is a faulty TPMS in one of the tires which will need to be replaced. Tire itself is fine, just sensor is not reading tire pressure. Software is also much better than I expected based on all the complaints on this forum. Agree that the Nav is not as good as I would like and would love Apple Car play but the car is fantastic and drives better than anything I have ever driven before.

Yes, Quantum Grey paint issue on hood (getting repainted now), trunk not closing properly, charge door was misaligned fixed at time of delivery and passenger door leather has bubbles.
Bummer way to start...what service center did you take delivery from?

I have only had my GT for a week. The fit and finish is beautiful. Only issue I have is a faulty TPMS in one of the tires which will need to be replaced. Tire itself is fine, just sensor is not reading tire pressure. Software is also much better than I expected based on all the complaints on this forum. Agree that the Nav is not as good as I would like and would love Apple Car play but the car is fantastic and drives better than anything I have ever driven before.
Funny part is my last 3 Honda, all has oversensitive TPMS issue have to keep being back to dealer.

Yes, Quantum Grey paint issue on hood (getting repainted now), trunk not closing properly, charge door was misaligned fixed at time of delivery and passenger door leather has bubbles.
So much for "enhanced" PDI. Those aren't small items to be missed 😑

That kind of stuff should not be happening.

Interesting, since the first couple of cars posting with issues, not others. Is that because there haven't been many deliveries since mid June or were most of the car delivered just fine. Hmmmm........🤔

There’s no assembly line and no inspection process that will catch 100% of the issues. The real question over time will be how much they’ve improved, not whether no car ever gets delivered with a problem ever again. I think it’s still too early to tell.

i have had the car for 6 days. Very pleased with how it was delivered (I should hope so since it took them long enough in the factory :)).

Only a couple of issues for which the service van is coming tomorrow to look at. First is the lower trunk lining Is lifting up in one place. It just needs more or better adhesive. I can stick it back down, but then it lifts again. Second, sometimes the trunk will not open all the way, perhaps 6 inches or so. This is intermittent, seems to occur when I am opening it from the trunk button, but often enough to be annoying. It takes effort to try and open it up the rest of the way which I don’t want to force. Those are the only 2 hardware issues that I have noticed to date.

The others are probably software. Occasionally the sync mode doesn’t stay synced (yes I know if the passenger changes it, then the sync is lost) but I am the only one in the car. It will be synced and when ai start the car up again, it is not. Again, intermittent. Another is the kw used since last charge on the trip information pilot panel will blink between a low number, say 3 or 5 and then give the real number.

I think the enhanced PDI has helped.

After about three weeks of ownership I've had to let Goose Island have a look at my AGT. The left turn signal started to malfunction intermittently. The car detected the problem and informed me of the issue. A rep picked up my car this morning. Fingers crossed.

Yep, big issue. Either a oil leak from the front motor or a massive battery coolant leak, big puddle in the garage. Car picked up at 5:30p today, hope to know more tomorrow pm.

Yep, big issue. Either a oil leak from the front motor or a massive battery coolant leak, big puddle in the garage. Car picked up at 5:30p today, hope to know more tomorrow pm.
What color was the leaking fluid? I had the same issue coming from the rear. It turned out to be an engine coolant leak from the rear motor unit. They had to replace it with a new motor unit. I still haven't heard back why the original failed. No problems since replacement, but it took ten days in the shop to fix.

Orangish

Pic of two drips was from today. I cleaned up a large puddle of the stuff yesterday, probably 24oz or so, maybe more, maybe less.
4DCA26DA-C2F5-48AC-91DD-A799E1019B8F.jpeg

Attachments

• 58C0D38D-3DC1-4AC0-B31A-ED0786C0D37E.jpeg
    58C0D38D-3DC1-4AC0-B31A-ED0786C0D37E.jpeg
    304.3 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
i have had the car for 6 days. Very pleased with how it was delivered (I should hope so since it took them long enough in the factory :)).

Only a couple of issues for which the service van is coming tomorrow to look at. First is the lower trunk lining Is lifting up in one place. It just needs more or better adhesive. I can stick it back down, but then it lifts again. Second, sometimes the trunk will not open all the way, perhaps 6 inches or so. This is intermittent, seems to occur when I am opening it from the trunk button, but often enough to be annoying. It takes effort to try and open it up the rest of the way which I don’t want to force. Those are the only 2 hardware issues that I have noticed to date.

The others are probably software. Occasionally the sync mode doesn’t stay synced (yes I know if the passenger changes it, then the sync is lost) but I am the only one in the car. It will be synced and when ai start the car up again, it is not. Again, intermittent. Another is the kw used since last charge on the trip information pilot panel will blink between a low number, say 3 or 5 and then give the real number.

I think the enhanced PDI has helped.
For the trunk issue, just lightly press the open button and it will open the rest of the way, don’t force it, it seems to get over sensitive sometimes if you push the open button in too firmly because it thinks you’re trying to manually push it up so it stops the automatic open. So just lightly press it the first time and it will open, but if it freezes on opening just lightly press it again. Since I adopted that technique the trunk opens perfectly 100% of the time.

sometimes the trunk will not open all the way, perhaps 6 inches or so. This is intermittent, seems to occur when I am opening it from the trunk button, but often enough to be annoying. It takes effort to try and open it up the rest of the way which I don’t want to force. Those are the only 2 hardware issues that I have noticed to date.
Same thing has been happening to me. Technician came out and tried to do a reset of trunk mechanism but said it probably needed a hardware fix. He was right. It still wasn't working correctly, from app, pilot panel or manually (manually most likely not to work). Car in shop now.

After about three weeks of ownership I've had to let Goose Island have a look at my AGT. The left turn signal started to malfunction intermittently. The car detected the problem and informed me of the issue. A rep picked up my car this morning. Fingers crossed.
Had this one as well. Technician came to house and fixed it in 10 minutes. Loose wire.

Interesting, since the first couple of cars posting with issues, not others. Is that because there haven't been many deliveries since mid June or were most of the car delivered just fine. Hmmmm........🤔
Sample size 10✌️moe +99%

Last edited:
Back