Air touring configuration

Ovfitbob

Cars
2016 Honda accord EXL
I’ve been inputting information into the configuration for the air touring model.
When I got to the glass canopy it showed as an option but it wouldn’t allow me to select.
I also added Dream Drive Pro and the surroundsound system, but in the summary those options aren’t showing and my total cost isn’t showing as well, just the base price, from 95K.
I created an account so I thought it would show me the final numbers.
Not ready to order just want to try out the configurations.
Thanks

I’ve yet to see options actually totaled into the price. I have no idea why. At this late date you’d think they would be able to factor that in.

I’ve yet to see options actually totaled into the price. I have no idea why. At this late date you’d think they would be able to factor that in.
Seems like an oversight.
I had already created an account and thought maybe that was the reason why it wasn’t showing but that’s not the case. At any rate I sent a message to their customer service so I’ll wait and hear their answer.
It would be nice to know what the options cost and what the total payment would be.
Also, I think the touring glass canopy is included,that’s why it was already checked, even though it’s says optional.

They (the sales folks) have no information about option pricing. The rep I spoke to yesterday said they won't release any more info about Touring or Pure until they get closer to production. No idea why there's such secrecy.

They (the sales folks) have no information about option pricing. The rep I spoke to yesterday said they won't release any more info about Touring or Pure until they get closer to production. No idea why there's such secrecy.
It just seems basic they would automatically add in your options in the summary, then add to the total cost .
The only number I’m seeing is the base price of 95K.

It just seems basic they would automatically add in your options in the summary, then add to the total cost .
The only number I’m seeing is the base price of 95K.
You'd think it would be that easy. Lucid has decided to not make any pricing public yet for some reason, so the configurator hasn't been programmed with the option pricing. Hence the lack of price changes.

Maybe they’re still trying to figure out option prices and won’t enter that into the configuration until they get closer to production. I think though this may turn off a lot of people from ordering if they don’t know their final price.

I received a reply from customer service. Regarding if they have plans to open a service center in Tucson, they said 80% of the repairs would be from the mobile units and anything major will be done by partnering with other locations. Maybe that means partnering with a second party repair service authorized by Lucid.
The rep. did not know why the options were not showing up on the summary page, but invited me to leave a deposit which is refundable. I still want to know what the final price is with options included before I decide to put down a deposit.

I just received another reply from Lucid. They said there’s going to be mobile units throughout the country and if they need to pick up your car for repairs, they provide a loaner.

I’ve been inputting information into the configuration for the air touring model.
When I got to the glass canopy it showed as an option but it wouldn’t allow me to select.
I also added Dream Drive Pro and the surroundsound system, but in the summary those options aren’t showing and my total cost isn’t showing as well, just the base price, from 95K.
I created an account so I thought it would show me the final numbers.
Not ready to order just want to try out the configurations.
Thanks
Just received a reply from my sales advisor to that same question I had asked him a week ago. Here is the reply:

"We are now just starting to take reservation for the Grand Touring trim, you’ll be hearing me shortly to configure and order your vehicle. Once we get through the GT trim in the next coming months we will have more information. I’ll let you know directly when we do."

I really think Lucid needs to get their act together on this topic. There are people who are choosing between the AGT vs AT trims. We are going to get called because we have an early reservation and the cost of the options are critical in weighing the decision. You will have a lot of grumbling customers if they tell you that you will lose your spot in line because they won't have pricing for another 6 to 9 months.... until they move down to the AT models.

How about not even having access to a test drive prior to making a final commitment? I understand some don’t care about that, but that’s not a universal feeling.

How about not even having access to a test drive prior to making a final commitment? I understand some don’t care about that, but that’s not a universal feeling.
i have been asking for that test drive and they continue to say “soon.”

I would never buy a car of that cost without taking a test drive first.

The sales and delivery people at Lucid are not informed up front about much, and they apparently don't have easy access to people on the operations side to get customer questions answered.

My financial advisor reserved his Dream Edition 15 months after I did. He confirmed his final order after I did (as I was the one who urged him to do so when I found he hadn't checked his email.) He and I are both taking delivery of our cars in south Florida. We both ordered a Performance version with 21" wheels. The only difference is that his car is black and mine is red.

He got a call yesterday from his Delivery Advisor saying he will be sent the VIN next week and will receive his car by the end of the month. My Delivery Advisor tells me I am not yet on the production schedule, she has no idea why a reservation from 15 months later is getting built first, she doesn't think color has anything to do with it, and she cannot get an answer from the production side as to why I'm being put later in the queue.

If my car will come later because Zenith Reds will be built last -- which is what I suspect -- I won't throw a tantrum or dissolve into tears. What is making me angry is that Lucid apparently does not think I'm enough of an adult to be told the reason my car is being built out of reservation order. (Remember that, when I confirmed my order, I was told the timing of that confirmation would determine place in production queue and that I was among the first to confirm.) I'm not asking for a written thesis on production scheduling. I'm asking a question that a production scheduler should be able to answer in a few moments.

This is what being an early adopter for a start-up company entails. Tesla didn't offer test drives of the Model S until after deliveries started. Model 3 test drives weren't available for months after deliveries started and I think model Y was the same. With so many execs coming over from Tesla to Lucid, they seem to think this is how it should be done. Rivian offered short drives in I think 5 major metro locations throughout the country to reservation holders for the first trim level that would be released just as deliveries started.

If you want a test drive, you may have to wait until 2023 for delivery depending on when delivery in Canada/Saudi Arabia start and how many of the 13k US reservations (this number is a couple of months old - hopefully, it's gotten larger) complete their order. If you want a Touring or Pure trim, I hope that a test drive will be available before purchase is required. The test drive might be in a GT rather than what you want to order but in today's car market, that isn't an unusual situation for any manufacturer (at least in my area - you test drive what they have on the lot - if they have any - and order the trim you want).

I've never bought a car without a test drive but I've never been an early adopter...especially for the first vehicle a company is making. I can't believe I put down a deposit. But every EV I've looked at that is currently available or coming soon pales in comparison in terms of efficiency and hence range.

For those of us that are interested in the T and P trims, we will hopefully hear from the DE and early GT buyers and get test drives before having to buy. It is certainly frustrating not to know what Dream Drive offers, what sound system is offered as standard, whether the front seats will have ventilation/massage - all questions sales can't answer yet. So it isn't just pricing, they don't know what features will be on the car. I just have to hope they have all the info when they call me next year (and that I was able to get a test drive).

This is what being an early adopter for a start-up company entails. Tesla didn't offer test drives of the Model S until after deliveries started. Model 3 test drives weren't available for months after deliveries started and I think model Y was the same. With so many execs coming over from Tesla to Lucid, they seem to think this is how it should be done. Rivian offered short drives in I think 5 major metro locations throughout the country to reservation holders for the first trim level that would be released just as deliveries started.
i would NOT recommend that they take their cues from Tesla regarding customer service or car quality. These former Tesla execs need to unlearn bad habits from Elon. I do understand, though, that they are “building the car while driving it” to coin a phrase, but nailing down options and pricing is important. They should have an idea as to what is going to be the AT and AP models by this time and how much it would cost to add the option. Even some tentative pricing is better than none.

It’s a new company that is just now delivering cars so they will improve. I think they’re just trying to work the kinks out. For those of you who have already dropped a deposit, it must be frustrating. That’s why I’m not going put down a deposit yet. There’s just a lot of unanswered questions for now.
For example the surroundsound system. Who makes it for Lucid? That’s important for me to know especially if it’s being offered at a premium price.

The sales and delivery people at Lucid are not informed up front about much, and they apparently don't have easy access to people on the operations side to get customer questions answered.

My financial advisor reserved his Dream Edition 15 months after I did. He confirmed his final order after I did (as I was the one who urged him to do so when I found he hadn't checked his email.) He and I are both taking delivery of our cars in south Florida. We both ordered a Performance version with 21" wheels. The only difference is that his car is black and mine is red.

He got a call yesterday from his Delivery Advisor saying he will be sent the VIN next week and will receive his car by the end of the month. My Delivery Advisor tells me I am not yet on the production schedule, she has no idea why a reservation from 15 months later is getting built first, she doesn't think color has anything to do with it, and she cannot get an answer from the production side as to why I'm being put later in the queue.

If my car will come later because Zenith Reds will be built last -- which is what I suspect -- I won't throw a tantrum or dissolve into tears. What is making me angry is that Lucid apparently does not think I'm enough of an adult to be told the reason my car is being built out of reservation order. (Remember that, when I confirmed my order, I was told the timing of that confirmation would determine place in production queue and that I was among the first to confirm.) I'm not asking for a written thesis on production scheduling. I'm asking a question that a production scheduler should be able to answer in a few moments.

There is one other concern to consider. If your car is delivered before the end of this year you will receive a $7,500 tax credit. If you receive your car in 2022, you may receive no credit as the Democratic tax bill they are trying to get passed has a provision in it that limits the credit to cars costing $80,000 or less effective as of Jan. 2002. Your color choice of Zenith Red may mean the car will be delivered in 2022 instead of this year eliminating the tax credit for you. Your choice of Zenith Red may be more important to you than the tax credit. However you should have this choice. Lucid should make this known to you and give you the opportunity to go back to one of the original 3 color choices or not depending on what you prefer if it means receiving the car this year with the tax credit or next year without the credit. Of course this should be your choice, and Lucid should recognize that. If the change to Zenith Red has nothing to do with your place in the queue, then none of what I have said applies. But you should get an answer from them one way or the other.

For example the surroundsound system. Who makes it for Lucid? That’s important for me to know especially if it’s being offered at a premium price.
As far as this goes, everything I've read said their sound systems (base and upgraded) were developed in house, so there is no brand name (HK, B&O, etc) attached to it

Back