Air Pure RWD now Available in October 2023 and Inventory Only Configuration

AZLucidGuy

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air GT, Tesla 3
Just went to the Lucid Design your page and noticed that the Air Pure RWD is now pushed to October 2023 and the choice is still greyed out. Also, it appears that you can no longer create a custom configuration for any trim level, only select from inventory.

I suspect they are moving to building CKD kits for assembly in Saudi Arabia. Also needing reconfigure assembly line for the single motor version. Good to see the cost cutting efforts. No point producing when you have inventory to sell.

Remember from their last earnings call, they had almost $1B in inventory which is a lot of unsold and undelivered cars. Their downforecasted production for the year is 10k cars so I suspect and it would be prudent for them to reduce current inventory with the promotions and focus production on the Sapphire and Pure RWD if they want to hit sales, delivery, and production EOY numbers. It sure seems like that is what is happening based on what people are reporting and observing.

It appears that the company is taking steps to reduce its high inventory and prioritize production of specific car models to meet year-end sales and production targets.

That’s true, but if you expect to sell a $100K+ car to someone don’t you think the purchaser should be able to configure with the options that they want?
I would agree and have previously ordered cars from the manufacturer. But if Lucid makes the options available post sale (built in but not activated), as I think it has been doing/considering, then it will have effectively preserved that option.

Back