With the new update, has anyone attempted to use a 3rd party CCS NACS adapter at a supercharger? Lucids wording seems to imply that only their offering will work. Happy to give it a try as work has a few 3rd party adapters lying around.
Honestly I’d buy a Lucid adapter, or try to get a Refferal by bringing someone else into the Lucid fam.With the new update, has anyone attempted to use a 3rd party CCS NACS adapter at a supercharger? Lucids wording seems to imply that only their offering will work. Happy to give it a try as work has a few 3rd party adapters lying around.
As best as I can tell, the Lectron adapter is the same as the Lucid. Same specs, same packaging, same appearance with the exception of the branding. The Lectron is quite heavy and well built, again apparently like the Lucid version. I’d be surprised if Lectron or its supplier doesn’t make the adapter for Lucid.With the new update, has anyone attempted to use a 3rd party CCS NACS adapter at a supercharger? Lucids wording seems to imply that only their offering will work. Happy to give it a try as work has a few 3rd party adapters lying around.
I've had a third party one from Amazon for 3 years, never a problem with a Tesla charger at friend's houseWith the new update, has anyone attempted to use a 3rd party CCS NACS adapter at a supercharger? Lucids wording seems to imply that only their offering will work. Happy to give it a try as work has a few 3rd party adapters lying around.
That's a different adapter. You have a Level 2 (AC charging aka NACS to J1772) adapter. it won't work for DC fast charging. You need a NACS to CCS1 adapter for that.I've had a third party one from Amazon for 3 years, never a problem with a Tesla charger at friend's house
I believe that is the AC version that does not work at Superchargers.I've had a third party one from Amazon for 3 years, never a problem with a Tesla charger at friend's house
They do work, but safety is another matter. Lucid's DC fast charging adapter isn't expensive and is readily available.With the new update, has anyone attempted to use a 3rd party CCS NACS adapter at a supercharger? Lucids wording seems to imply that only their offering will work. Happy to give it a try as work has a few 3rd party adapters lying around.
Many cheap CCS-NACS adapters can be unplugged without stopping the charge first, which is a huge safety hazard - potentially causing an arc, with the risk of electric shock and damage to your vision, not to mention what it could do to the charger and to your car. It's not worth trying to save $100.Seems like safety is less of an issue if you can only charge at 50 kw. I'll bet the lucid adapter is made by Lectron and the Lectron version and the lucid version are nearly identical