Accept delivery at Arizona factory?

noobzilla

I'll ask my DA later today but does anyone know if we can accept delivery at their factory? Then perhaps they can ship to my area or I can just take an 800mi trip. Im not waiving the destination fee but really want to try and receive my Pure by end of year.

I'll ask my DA later today but does anyone know if we can accept delivery at their factory? Then perhaps they can ship to my area or I can just take an 800mi trip. Im not waiving the destination fee but really want to try and receive my Pure by end of year.
Interested to find out if this works - my guess is they would not be set up to receive customers at the factory.

I think it’s possible but I am not entirely certain.. I have a friend who accepted the car in Arizona ( but I’m not sure if it was at factory or service center) and then drove it all the way back to Idaho.

I can't imagine they're set up for that in Casa Grande. If you watch Bear's Workshop videos, it's a bit of a mess there with constant construction.

As far as I know, Lucid is not willing to do deliveries at the factory. They just aren't set up for that.

Cars need to be detailed. DAs need to be on hand to walk customers through their set up. All the paperwork, etc.

Not to mention the tons of construction going on at Casa Grande.

The factory is designed to build cars. It's not a customer-friendly environment.

Having said that, I did suggest to my DA that I'd be willing to fly out to Scottsdale or one of the other service centers to get my car. We've set up a call to chat about it on Monday. I'll report back on what gets settled from that. If you live in an area that's low volume like me (where we don't even have a service center, but only a studio), it may be helpful to Lucid to not have to send a car carrier all the way to your area if they can drop it off at a much busier service center instead along with several other cars. But who knows? My DA might tell me that won't help at all. I'll know more on Monday.

I didn't get to ask but they said I would very much likely get the Pure EOY. Service center just opened up recently nearby and they will do home delivery

Just received a call from Lucid saying if I'm interested I can directly pick up from the factory on Dec 17!
Seriously? Well, color me surprised. Maybe for this end-of-the-year push, they are going to set up something special at the factory in order to push through deliveries.

Just received a call from Lucid saying if I'm interested I can directly pick up from the factory on Dec 17!
Nice. I asked to pick up my car last December at the factory and they tried, but couldn’t make it happen. I look forward to any posts about your experience. Should be a lot of fun.

Seriously? Well, color me surprised. Maybe for this end-of-the-year push, they are going to set up something special at the factory in order to push through deliveries.
I'll get more information maybe on Friday if they will waive the destination fee but I think maybe they won't and use the cost for our flights and accommodation instead. It's possible there's not as many truck drivers during the holiday so pick-up at the factory will ease that. It's also a good idea for PR. I'm dreading the drive home, but this is a very rare opportunity to be one of the first people to receive the Pure and also get a factory tour.

I'll get more information maybe on Friday if they will waive the destination fee but I think maybe they won't and use the cost for our flights and accommodation instead. It's possible there's not as many truck drivers during the holiday so pick-up at the factory will ease that. It's also a good idea for PR. I'm dreading the drive home, but this is a very rare opportunity to be one of the first people to receive the Pure and also get a factory tour.
congrats. can you provide information on your configuration and timeline? has anyone confirmed their pure orders yet?

congrats. can you provide information on your configuration and timeline? has anyone confirmed their pure orders yet?
the derek jenkins configuration is first production: fanthom blue, AWD, either 19" or 20" wheels, alcantara headliner, DDP, SSP

see the Pure delivery tracker thread to follow others timelines

I also got invited for the Dec 17 event

the derek jenkins configuration is first production: fanthom blue, AWD, either 19" or 20" wheels, alcantara headliner, DDP, SSP

see the Pure delivery tracker thread to follow others timelines

I also got invited for the Dec 17 event
congrats! i found out that only about 10 pures are getting delivered on 12/17. y'all should celebrate!

congrats! i found out that only about 10 pures are getting delivered on 12/17. y'all should celebrate!
I hope just on the event but more elsewhere otherwise that's a pretty low number. Last time I spoke with Lucid I did asked how many will attend but he said they are not sure yet.

I hope just on the event but more elsewhere otherwise that's a pretty low number. Last time I spoke with Lucid I did asked how many will attend but he said they are not sure yet.
That’s very special. I asked for my order can be upgraded to Jenkin’s specs to go to Factory at Dec 17th. No reply. So lucky you!

That’s very special. I asked for my order can be upgraded to Jenkin’s specs to go to Factory at Dec 17th. No reply. So lucky you!
I suppose it is. I was guessing 30 people or several batches throughout the day just to get as many delivered. I would prefer bigger crowd actually and as many people getting their Lucids by EOY.

At this point it's faster to just call them but I wonder if theyd let you in. Someone who finalized within the same timeframe as me but lived 1100mi+ away didn't get an event invite.

I called to inquire because I hadn't heard anything or gotten any request for ID or registration details from my DA. My DA was busy with a delivery but another advisor helped me out.

I was told that the December 17 Casa Grande Air Pure delivery kickoff event was cancelled due to many Pure reservation holders that were called/invited being away for the Holidays and unavailable to join the event. The event is being rescheduled for a different date (unclear of if earlier or later). Despite this event being cancelled/rescheduled, Pure deliveries will still happen this year.

This memo was just released today apparently. People who got invited will be getting a call soon to be notified of this.

I called to inquire because I hadn't heard anything or gotten any request for ID or registration details from my DA. My DA was busy with a delivery but another advisor helped me out.

I was told that the December 17 Casa Grande Air Pure delivery kickoff event was cancelled due to many Pure reservation holders that were called/invited being away for the Holidays and unavailable to join the event. The event is being rescheduled for a different date (unclear of if earlier or later). Despite this event being cancelled/rescheduled, Pure deliveries will still happen this year.

This memo was just released today apparently. People who got invited will be getting a call soon to be notified of this.
I wish there is SMH 🤦‍♂️ icon to tag your post.

That's unfortunate but as long as we get ours by EOY then no biggie.

Back