AC charging at wallbox not full 22kW full time..

Lycra

Active Member

Joined
Apr 26, 2026
Messages
407
Reaction score
201
Cars
Audi e-tron Sportback 55
I just took the demo drive car to our company for charging with our 22kW wallbox however it slowed down during the process.
and iiam not sure why this is happeening.

With our other EVs, audi, bmw all cars run full 22kw until the battery is charged 100%.
See pictures.
Maybe someone can let me know what is happeening here?
(the circuit is no issue since we can charge with 3 x 22 kW wallbox 24/7

The last picture with the graph is from out wallbox. Only consider after 12 because other ev was connected before.

It seems that the car limits itself.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4686.webp
    IMG_4686.webp
    805.2 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_4688.webp
    IMG_4688.webp
    838.1 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_4689.webp
    IMG_4689.webp
    750.8 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_4690.webp
    IMG_4690.webp
    2.7 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_4691.webp
    IMG_4691.webp
    910 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_4698.webp
    IMG_4698.webp
    29.4 KB · Views: 75
I wonder if this is the same issue others have seen when trying to charge at 19.2kW (the maximum AC charging rate in the USA)
 
I am not sure, I have read it between some threads which were not relevant to topic so i started a new one.
And just added all pictures.
 
If you do a search in this form for the phrase “speed decreasing” you’ll get to the thread, which I think is the most comprehensive on this issue. It seems to be a possibly intentional Lucid software thing.
 
Thanks will look for it.
 
Maybe Lucid capped AC charging speed for demo vehicles like they cap top speed at 88mph in US :D
 
Maybe Lucid capped AC charging speed for demo vehicles like they cap top speed at 88mph in US :D
Could be but the sales rep stated that the ac charging works flawless at his shop... What I've seen it cannot be :)

Ths peed was not limited I did drove 220kmh which was good :)
 
Back
Top