500 mi review

johgo

Cars
Lucid AGT
I received my AGT (Platinum, 21" wheels) about 2 weeks ago and thought it would be helpful to post a review for those considering or reconsidering purchase.

First, it is the finest car I have ever owned. This includes previous MB, BMW, Audi and Lexus. Acceleration is hard to believe. The driving dynamics are better than the BMW which for me was the best driving car I had ever had before the AGT . It is a luxury car which handles like a sports car.

Delivery was great. Lucid delivered the car by covered trailer and the customer rep set it up for me and took me through all of the systems.

Fit and finish was perfect as far as I can tell. I took it to a detail shop the day after delivery and they applied 4 courts of ceramic to the entire car and PPF to the front, wheel wells, mirrors, and applied 35% tint to all of the windows. They told me the paint was flawless and required no corrections. They had done several Lucids previously and had seen some fit and finish problems before. Mine was perfect. It looks like the recent attention to fit and finish has paid off.

The body shop noticed a 1" scratch on the inside of the front windshield and would not apply tint over it. It was hard to see at first but, of course, once they pointed it out, I see it all of the time. I called Lucid customer service and they said they would replace the windshield including towing and a rental car during the replacement service. I am waiting to hear back once they receive the windshield. They were very helpful and understanding.

The ceramic is cured by now and this weekend is my first foam cannon wash.

I have had NO software problems and have gone through 2 software updates in the first two weeks, flawlessly.

No problems at all with the AC. even when it is hot in S. FL..,The air conditioned seats are a big help. Would be helpful (in FL) that the "on" setting was memorized to the driver profile. You have to turn the seat on manually each time you enter the car. I also found that when driving in the middle of the day under direct sun, the default setting for AC was front seats "on" and rear seats "off." I am sure this saves battery life but on a hot day , it really helped to cool the entire car and not just have cold air blowing at me in the front. Turning the AC on 15 minutes ahead of time when the car is in the sun cools it off perfectly.

Drove from Sarasota to the Tampa airport on Interstate 75. The Highway Assist keeps the car in the center of the lane. Much better than the standard lane control which just bumps you from one side to the other.

I have only one minor annoyance which is more personal. I am quite tall ....waist to crown of head....and I have to flex to get my head in the door. To accomplish this, I push the steering wheel up and lower the driver's seat and push it all the way back. This takes several steps. I wish a future software update would memorize driver profiles including seats, mirrors, AC, and steering wheel and do this automatically. My previous luxury cars performed this maneuver automatically when I turned the car off. It makes for a much easier entry and exit from the car. It would be nice if the distance from the top of the seat when fully down and the bottom of the door opening was 1"-2" greater. But I understand this was done to keep the car as low a profile as possible for aerodynamic reasons.

Back