371 went into turtle mode as well after 311mi

mmassey33

Cars
Lucid Air Dream edition P
DE Number
Got the car 5 days ago and this morning it had a triangle with the ! Mark called in they had no idea told me to let it sit 15mins and try again. It reset and drove home fine. Later went to the gym and gave my buddy a ride (whom hates EVs) launched it and it went into turtle mode and drive system failure all over the screen limped to the side of the road. Called customer care they didn’t have much to say but ordered a tow truck for me. But once again after 15mins it reset. Drove fine after got home and will wait for service to reach out. Very disappointed and embarrassed lol. But hopefully it’s a quick fix. Fear it’s another motor issue like 315.

I may have missed your update on this. How did Lucid resolve this?
You didn’t miss it haha they haven’t figure what happened yet. The car runs perfect after I simply locked it and waited the 15min that same night. They did say they pulled all the data and are going to have a meeting with the engineers to try and determine the cause and a possible fix if it needs one…… so just hanging in and driving it

So, when my issue initially happened. They sent out the mobile truck to diagnose it. They ran their scans and didn't see the engine fault, they saw a door handle fault and said it needs to come in. I had it flat bedded over to them, and as they were pulling it off the trailer it went into turtle mode again. They said they hadn't witnessed that error at my house, and hadn't seen it in the logging which I thought was really interesting/concerning. Concerning in so far that, given all the technology in the car, somehow this critical fault, wasn't being stored in the log archives and they only saw it at the time of activation...

So, when my issue initially happened. They sent out the mobile truck to diagnose it. They ran their scans and didn't see the engine fault, they saw a door handle fault and said it needs to come in. I had it flat bedded over to them, and as they were pulling it off the trailer it went into turtle mode again. They said they hadn't witnessed that error at my house, and hadn't seen it in the logging which I thought was really interesting/concerning. Concerning in so far that, given all the technology in the car, somehow this critical fault, wasn't being stored in the log archives and they only saw it at the time of activation...
I too would find that very concerning, I’m thinking it did log it but they didn’t dive deep enough to find it but who knows. They are currently looking over the data and are thinking it possibly may need a new rear drive unit. What was replaced on yours the entire rear motor?

Yep, new rear motor. They never did tell me what was wrong with the motor they pulled out. Had the car back and have put 600 strong miles on it and all it well.
There is a level of comfort in knowing that they replaced the bad part with a new one rather than hoping that a repair actually worked. Of course, NEW can stand for "never ever worked" [I stole this line from a podcast guy].

They did say they pulled all the data and are going to have a meeting with the engineers to try and determine the cause and a possible fix if it needs one . . . .

"If" it needs one?

"If" it needs one?
There is no "if" to this kind of problem. Lucid needs to get busy getting answers as to why this can happen. TESLA replaced my son's, out of warranty, Model S drivetrain for free so they could examine a clunking noise the car was making when engaging reverse. Car was five years old with 79k miles on the clock.

I guess it’s also possible it’s a software error causing turtle mode in this case (although I know there has been at least 2 other instances of early drive motor failures).

An Electric motor should last 1,000,000 miles. No?
They should last a really long time. I think Tesla had some issues with their S motors needing replacement for the 2012 and maybe 2013 cars (first couple years production)

They should last a really long time. I think Tesla had some issues with their S motors needing replacement for the 2012 and maybe 2013 cars (first couple years production)
Yes... TESLA replaced my son's, out of warranty, 2013 Model S drivetrain for free so they could examine a clunking noise the car was making when engaging reverse. Car was five years old with 79k miles on the clock.

They have determined it was a faulty rear drive unit and will be replacing it. That being said I’ve been launching it everyday since it happened and nothing has happened again no turtle mode or warning indicators. They are picking the car up tomorrow though to do the replacement.

They have determined it was a faulty rear drive unit and will be replacing it. That being said I’ve been launching it everyday since it happened and nothing has happened again no turtle mode or warning indicators. They are picking the car up tomorrow though to do the replacement.
Lol, "uhm sir, why do we show 50 launches in 5 days?"

Got the car back a few days ago everything seems fine so far will update after I put on a few more miles. They said they replaced the entire rear drive unit and sent mine to the factory to be reviewed , but no other information as to why it happened.

Something I noticed that maybe everyone already knows:
I’m just using a nema 14-50 Charger and I didn’t know you can not charge past 444mi. And apparently high regen braking doesn’t work while batter is at or close to full capacity did you all already know this?

Back