3 years of free charging includes?

limtless

Does this include level 2 and fast DC supercharging for 3 years free?

It's just 3 years free on Electrify America network, which as far as I know now, is all DCFC

They do have level 2 charging stations, and yes they are included in the 3 years free (as long as it’s electrify America of course.

They do have level 2 charging stations, and yes they are included in the 3 years free (as long as it’s electrify America of course.
For DCFC, is it only 30 min sessions? Or can you charge longer? Other vehicles are only giving you 30 min free at a time.

For DCFC, is it only 30 min sessions? Or can you charge longer? Other vehicles are only giving you 30 min free at a time.
No time limit and no idle fees( for now)

You can charge as long as it takes to charge. Once completed, you have 10 min before idle fees start to occur. I believe others have said they are being waived atm

We had free charging for 2years on the Leaf And the sessions were limited to 30’. However, if you needed more time, you just restarted the charge for another 30’’ after it stopped

I had my second charging session at a Walmart ( the closest charger to my home) and I can say the experience left me with some apprehension about the net work. Of the four chargers one 350kw was down completely, two others were 50/150 kw one in use and when I tried to plug into the sole remaining 350kw it just said preparing to change. I was about to give up when the guy on the other side of that charger came out and told me only one car per kiosk even though two charging cables. Just for connivance he said for different ports. So I plugged in and it took a few mins to boot up but then worked. In the meantime a fellow in a Kia came by and sat waiting for the kiosk I was on. I asked why didn’t he plug into the 59/150 that was open and he said “ would take to long, I’ll wait for yours” great, only one really fast charger out of the 4 in high demand. Do I have to worry on long trips for situations like this?

Do I have to worry on long trips for situations like this?
Yeah. EV popularity is skyrocketing. Many people I know are getting an EV as their next car. I have ONE EA fast charger site in the entire state of Rhode Island with 4 stalls, two are 350kw but they have never give me more than 250kw even with preconditioned battery. Honestly slow charging EVs with bigger packs are what’s gonna cause long lines very soon. The Taycan next to me charged almost as fast as I did with the caveat that he only added less than 200 mi range and I added 300 in the same amount of time so we jet in and out pretty quick and need to charge less frequently also. So I think the government should just pony up and buy everyone a Lucid or Taycan since charging infrastructure can’t handle the wave of EVs that are coming. 🤣

Last edited:
I had my second charging session at a Walmart ( the closest charger to my home) and I can say the experience left me with some apprehension about the net work. Of the four chargers one 350kw was down completely, two others were 50/150 kw one in use and when I tried to plug into the sole remaining 350kw it just said preparing to change. I was about to give up when the guy on the other side of that charger came out and told me only one car per kiosk even though two charging cables. Just for connivance he said for different ports. So I plugged in and it took a few mins to boot up but then worked. In the meantime a fellow in a Kia came by and sat waiting for the kiosk I was on. I asked why didn’t he plug into the 59/150 that was open and he said “ would take to long, I’ll wait for yours” great, only one really fast charger out of the 4 in high demand. Do I have to worry on long trips for situations like this?
Yes. The EVgo stations I used for the Leaf would have two plugs, but only one is operational at a time. Not sure whuy the Kia would wait. If it were me, I would charge at the lower speed until something opened up. But yes, there may and will be waits on trips. That is why you wan5 the extra range of the Lucid!

Yeah. EV popularity is skyrocketing. Many people I know are getting an EV as their next car. I have ONE EA fast charger site in the entire state of Rhode Island with 4 stalls, two are 350kw but they have never give me more than 250kw even with preconditioned battery. Honestly slow charging EVs with bigger packs are what’s gonna cause long lines very soon. The Taycan next to me charged almost as fast as I did with the caveat that he only added less than 200 mi range and I added 300 in the same amount of time so we jet in and out pretty quick and need to charge less frequently also. So I think the government should just pony up and buy everyone a Lucid or Taycan since charging infrastructure can’t handle the wave of EVs that are coming. 🤣

I’m worried about what Rivian and Hummer will do to charging infrastructure. They’ll occupy the spaces for hours.

The busier these stations get, the better it is to own something like a Lucid, which doesn’t need to be charged as often.

I’m worried about what Rivian and Hummer will do to charging infrastructure. They’ll occupy the spaces for hours.

The busier these stations get, the better it is to own something like a Lucid, which doesn’t need to be charged as often.
The new Toyota EV too. It does not have a huge battery but charging speed is slow in normal conditions and apparently glacial when it’s cold.

Weekends along freeways where most charging stations are located will be a huge hassle. We have a local grocery store along I-10 west of Houston, Texas with a 8 space Tesla station and on Saturdays and Sundays it is always full with 6-8 cars waiting.

went to Valley Faire today - I think it has 13 stations !
when I arrived 3 were in use.
when I left 35 mins later - 9 were in use... but all three cars that were there when I had arrived had left.

(for those who don't know valley faire is San Jose's largest shopping mall includes Lucid)

in all my charging experience (2700 miles) I have had one situation like you describe here, for about 3 mins, where upon I pulled into the vacated working slot.

I've said this since 2015 when I purchased my first one. We know the demand for EVs is growing, but the infrastructure isn't growing as fast apparently. tesla talked about opening up it's network they should for the money it could make them. It would be cool if we did charging roads that I saw they were testing. Every gas station, grocery store, mall, hotel, bank, fast food joint, rest stop, you name it should be looking into EV charging stations. Anything by or near an interstate!

Back