21” all season tires

Cat Daddy

Verified Owner
Cars
Grand Touring
Does any tire company offer all season tires or snow tires for 21” wheels??

Tirerack.com has some Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S All seasons in the OE sizes for 21". I don't know anybody that has used them yet tho.

Does any tire company offer all season tires or snow tires for 21” wheels??
Yes, Michelin. I ordered the 21 inch wheels without realizing they had summer tires. My DA and tire shop confirmed my tire choice after I had done some research. They will be put on tomorrow and I will switch back to the summer tires in the spring. I will continue that until the summer tires are worn out and then just use all season. My Maserati came with Pirelli tires that lasted just a short time. I switched to the Michelins and have used them ever since.

Yes, Michelin. I ordered the 21 inch wheels without realizing they had summer tires. My DA and tire shop confirmed my tire choice after I had done some research. They will be put on tomorrow and I will switch back to the summer tires in the spring. I will continue that until the summer tires are worn out and then just use all season. My Maserati came with Pirelli tires that lasted just a short time. I switched to the Michelins and have used them ever since.
Which tires did you get? When I try to find Michelins for the Lucid, no tires come up.

1671115872452.png

IIRC, someone ordered the Pilot Sport 4 S's from Tire Rack, then Tire Rack cancelled the order due to weight restrictions of the tire. I don't understand how the max weights work with tires since it's such a dynamic thing for a car.

T
Which tires did you get? When I try to find Michelins for the Lucid, no tires come up.

View attachment 7602
I used Tesla as the vehicle and found Michelin Pilot Super Sport Performance Radial tire. They will fit and will work and are considered an all season tire, but my tire guy said they are on the summer tire side of the all season spectrum and he recommended the s4 or is it 4s. They are not specifically designed for electric cars, but they have the load capacity necessary. I’m guessing they don’t have the special foam inside the tire which is what keeps the ride quiet, but I’ll trade a little noise any day in exchange for tires that will last and be drivable on in hot and cold weather. My DA who is a car guy said they were a good choice. A set of is around $1700. I prefer not to have to buy a set of tires twice a year with limited local driving always in smooth mode. Many tires will fit, but they have to have the load capacity because of the battery weight. Many tires sold for electric cars have the foam filler to muffle the road noise.

Anyone got a price on a replacement 21” tire? Got a bubble thanks to all the potholes on CA highways lately.

Waiting for Lucid BH to call to organize replacements but would rather cry at the price privately instead of in front of them 😂 😥

Anyone got a price on a replacement 21” tire? Got a bubble thanks to all the potholes on CA highways lately.

Waiting for Lucid BH to call to organize replacements but would rather cry at the price privately instead of in front of them 😂 😥
I paid $586 back in July when I had a blowout. $400 for the tire, the rest for labor (including checking the wheel alignment) and tax.

I paid $586 back in July when I had a blowout. $400 for the tire, the rest for labor (including checking the wheel alignment) and tax.
Thanks. I had $500 in my head so wasn’t far off.

I put 4 21” all season Michelins on my Lucid in VA about a month ago at my tire place. Between $1800 and $1900 for 4.

I put 4 21” all season Michelins on my Lucid in VA about a month ago at my tire place. Between $1800 and $1900 for 4.
Hello, I also live in Virginia and looking for all season 21-inch wheels. Which Michelin's did you choose and how do they compare with the OEM Pirelli's? Thank you.

Hello, I also live in Virginia and looking for all season 21-inch wheels. Which Michelin's did you choose and how do they compare with the OEM Pirelli's? Thank you.
They are pilot sport all seasons. Not electric car tires, but they are rated to take the weight and the higher tire pressure. I can’t feel or hear any difference between them and the summer Pirellis.

Reading other threads, not sure that there is any available 21" tire with the proper load capacity beside the PZ

My tires have the proper load capacity. I was advised by Joey at Lucid that they would work and my tire shop that I have dealt with since 1978 agreed. The Pirellis are Summer tires. I live in VA. I was not going to garage the car for 6 months of the year and I was not going to spend $7000 for different sized wheels and tires. I drove on them from November to April and then switched back to the summer tires. I will switch again come November.

Hey everyone,

Trying to see if there a current list of 20 and 21 tires approved for GT (both summer and all season)
Are we still stuck with PZ as the only approved tire for 21 inch wheels?

Check out erangetires. They have 21s for Lucid that are EV specific. Not sure if they are regular or performance tires, but their claim to fame is long wearing, high range tires:

Load rating is not just the weight of the vehicle, but also the speed of the vehicle.
The faster car needs a higher "load rating".

All -season tires or "winter" tires are necessary if you drive where seasonal temps frequently get near, and especially below freezing.
The compound used in summer performance tires does not like temperatures below 40 degrees F. You could die.

As inconvenient as it is, I wear a set of 19" A/S (factory) tires from Nov.- April, and the summer performance 21" (factory) from April to Nov.
Fortunately I have the space, tools, and experience to do this at home. I certainly understand why someone would want A/S performance, but not why they want it in 35 series sidewall ??? Does nothing well. If you need it for light snow / slush, you can't see potholes = disaster.

Lucid has now offered a 20" wheel as a compromise (more sidewall).

Last edited:
Check out erangetires. They have 21s for Lucid that are EV specific. Not sure if they are regular or performance tires, but their claim to fame is long wearing, high range tires:

Their site looks very interesting, but it is also unclear to me whether their 21-inch tires for the GT are all-weather.

Back