20K miles and 16 months

Bill55

Verified Owner
Cars
Sapphire - Dream Edition
DE Number
I am actually a little shy of 20K miles, but have the time today so posting a little early.

I have over half of my miles on longer road trips (trips of 1000 miles or more).

Map attached. My actual routes involved a lot less interstate so required some planning.

My routes would have been extremely difficult or impossible in any other EV. My only trip that was significantly impacted by charging was Greenville, SC to Washington, DC when an EA charger software update made it impossible to charge at 2 consecutive EA stations, frustrating hours on the phone with EA and Lucid. We were at a low SOC and had to go off route to a charge point location. We would have been in a tow situation if the charge point location hadn't worked. I've charged level 2 a lot overnight at hotels. I've charged overnight at RV parks close to a hotel, and at Tesla destination chargers using an adapter. Also, a number of car dealerships that were always friendly and interested in the Lucid.

Lucid service has been very good. The Costa Mesa team and the Team in Virginia have been excellent, the Sandy Springs location was good, but not quite up to the other 2 groups.

I had a pretty early delivery in December of 2021. The car has had, I think 3 recall notices, additionaly the frunk latches were changed out, a piece of trim had a defect and was replaced. My hood was damaged by a valet and I had that replaced. The cost of a new hood was very reasonable and the Sandy Springs center paint match was perfect.

I've had to replace 4 tires for side wall bulges. Of the 4 only 1 was from a pot hole that I knew for certain was the cause. The other 3,I have no idea when or where.

I have been very happy with service. I have a GMC truck in addition to the Lucid so I have never asked for a rental. The fact that the service model can take a few days or a week does not matter to me, I am happy to drive the truck, makes me appreciate home charging even more when the Lucid returns. If the Lucid was my sole vehicle, my opinion of how long it takes might be different, especially if I was driving some crappy rental while the Lucid was in the shop.

The car has been awesome on the road. None of my service visits have been for anything that impacted drivability.

CarPlay has helped with some of the interface issues that drive me crazy. CarPlay implementation is Ok. Ok not great because the screen for car play is small. The Lucid clock is removed and I'm left with a micro font clock on CarPlay due to small screen size. Also, my GMC and BMW when I use Apple Maps or Google in car play, the turn by turn directions are displayed in the same location(s) as the built in Nav. Not so with the Lucid.

My biggest complaints with the Lucid are the same as I sent to Lucid in December of 21.

1. The key fob sucks in function and the ability of the car to determine the precise location of the key fob. This makes the proximity lock unlock inconsistent. ie standing in the rain waiting for it to unlock or it locking and unlocking over and over when I am 20 feet away talking to someone.
2. Home link buttons need to be on the Park distance/camera screen. The current homelink when leaving my garage is awful.
3. Nav and Music should be added to the navigation at the bottom of the pilot panel so the upper screen can be CarPlay and the pilot panel can be the current options + Nav and Music. Separating the upper and lower screens for these options.
4. With the added Nav and Music at the bottom of the pilot panel, make these 6 buttons persistent and if you are layers deep in an option have a tap of one of the 6 persistent buttons take you back to the top level menu.

I have other concerns with inconsistent touch points to close screens, the Music interface in general, and the text as touch points on the camera screen, but the above would fix 95% of what I try to do on a regular basis.

I have a deposit in on a Sapphire. I really like the look of the car in white, and the performance of the DE P is already so ridiculous, I do have some question as to the sanity of the Sapphire.

I am concerned with the resale value of a DE P with 20k miles. I had a credible offer for 220K for the car in January of 2022. I'm glad I didn't take it. That would have been a nice profit, but then I would not have the experience of the many road trips I've taken in the Lucid. This car has brought a lot of smiles from those who have driven it, rode in it, and often, just from seeing it.

I believe it to be the best EV available. It is really the only EV that works for off interstate road trips of significant distance and the only EV that I would choose to drive over my V12 BMW.

To those with reservations who are on the fence, you will not be disappointed with this car.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 3.26.26 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 3.26.26 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 131
That's awesome. And you clearly *did* do a lot of planning with all of those way points. Next time you come through Buffalo, LMK and I'll buy you a Blue!

That's awesome. And you clearly *did* do a lot of planning with all of those way points. Next time you come through Buffalo, LMK and I'll buy you a Blue!
Thanks. I maybe going there a few times a year. I'll take you up on the Blue, I stayed the night in Buffalo on the way up and that is exactly what I ordered.

Thanks. I maybe going there a few times a year. I'll take you up on the Blue, I stayed the night in Buffalo on the way up and that is exactly what I ordered.
When in Rome... Although I am presently enjoying a Southern Tier IPA for happy hour

Love the write up. My only EV points of comparison are Model 3 and Polestar 2, but even though they’re half the price, the Lucid is more than double the car they are. I took a road trip in a Polestar 2 and felt like I’d gotten beaten up at the end. I’ve taken much longer trips in the Lucid and arrived feeling zero fatigue at all. That really says something.

Love the write up. My only EV points of comparison are Model 3 and Polestar 2, but even though they’re half the price, the Lucid is more than double the car they are. I took a road trip in a Polestar 2 and felt like I’d gotten beaten up at the end. I’ve taken much longer trips in the Lucid and arrived feeling zero fatigue at all. That really says something.
While I am waiting for my AGT to be repaired, I have rented(via my insurance company) a Polestar 2 from Enterprise.

Genuinely unimpressed with the Polestar. It does the job of transportation, but nothing really stands out except for it can get you to the store and back without a problem.

I felt the software on the Lucid needed improvement, but it is way better than the Polestar.

Back