2000 mile trip

JerseyStrong

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
Touring
I just finished a 2000 round trip from NJ to GA. 4.0 m/kWh avg. sometimes as low as 3.7 but a couple of times as high as 4.5. This includes navigating in traffic like molasses around DC, taking I-81 from Front Royal to I-40 to I-75. Coming back I took I-95 to Charlotte then North to Greensboro and state roads over the mountains to Roanoke and back on I-85 to PA Turnpike then NJ Turnpike. For those of you who have driven up Signal Mountain in the Chattanooga area or 220 outside Greensboro to Roanoke you know the thrill of how this car handles on tortuous curves with responsive torque.

The native navigation worked well. To LUCID two suggestions: the map Zooms in too much when it comes to an exit or turn. It needs to pan out a bit more to give you more of a view of the road. It is almost useless as is because it shows almost no further than the nose of the car.

Second, Highway Assist jerked back and forth on highways with exits and entrances marked with dash lines that are 1/2 or smaller than a lane marker. It was so annoying on 220 with many side roads coming in that I turned it off.

Electrify America worked perfectly. Even got a station another person had trouble with by calling EA. Within 10 min it was up and running for him. However, I spent about 20 minutes trying to find the EA chargers in a large mall in Charlotte. No signage and well hidden in one of several parking garages surrounding the mall.

What a car!

I had a similar experience on a recent 1700 mile round trip to NC from ME.
All EA stops were successful with full charge rates. I was really expecting some charging drama, but didn’t encounter any. I don’t recall any usability issues with the navigation system. I did tend to have nav open on both the upper and lower screens, with the lower one zoomed out.
Agree on lane assist, There an opportunity for improvement there. And don’t have three lane departure “events” in a short period. That really leads to overkill alarms and red flashes on the screen. I could do without that.

...However, I spent about 20 minutes trying to find the EA chargers in a large mall in Charlotte. No signage and well hidden in one of several parking garages surrounding the mall...
It might be worth pulling our your phone in that instance and using Google Maps for the last 1000 yards, or Plugshare or EA's app. Typically Google has an exact physical location, and Plugshare and EA's app will both have notes on which floor of the parking garage you should be looking in.

It might be worth pulling our your phone in that instance and using Google Maps for the last 1000 yards, or Plugshare or EA's app. Typically Google has an exact physical location, and Plugshare and EA's app will both have notes on which floor of the parking garage you should be looking in.
Google maps did not help in this instance.Did not think to check PlugShare orEA. I will be headed back down in August and will keep that tip in my back pocket for use if necessary. Many thanks.

I find PlugShare very helpful to find out which charger, ie cabinet, to pull up to. I have had trouble at stations before and went to comment in PlugShare only to find out it is a well documented. Its also helpful before starting a drive as it shows some historical data in people's reviews of which chargers work well and that might be an alternative location that will work much better.

Back