20" Aero Lite Wheels (Q2) makes debut at Concours In The Hills

mnewber1

Cars
Air Touring
DE Number
1644686438195.png

Zenith Red Touring with Aero Lite 20" wheels that aren't available until Q2+ makes debut at Concours in the Hills.

src:

Last edited:
Those would look amazing if you removed the covers

If somebody goes to this, take a look at the tires on the 20" and see what is on it. Back in November my delivery advisor told me the delay on the 20" wheels was with the tires not the rims.

If somebody goes to this, take a look at the tires on the 20" and see what is on it. Back in November my delivery advisor told me the delay on the 20" wheels was with the tires not the rims.
Zoom and enhance! Michelin tires.

IMG_8884.jpg

I believe these tires are summer tires and not all-season?

Yes. Here's the description of these 20" (the same description as the 21"):

...they are equipped with low aspect-ratio summer tires and should only be operated on smooth road surfaces. Wheel, tire and suspension damage can occur if operated on rough or damaged road surfaces. Summer tires are designed to best perform in warm weather and are not suitable for cold temperatures nor driving in snow and ice.

I would prefer these over the 21 for presumably better range and ride and certainly better looking than the 19s but I don’t want to wait another 2-4 months on top of my original 2-4 months to get them

Zoom and enhance! Michelin tires.

View attachment 802
These may not be the production tires. I was told that Lucid was working with a tire manufacturer on custom tires for the 20" wheels much like the Pirelli LM1 tires on for the 21" wheel. I had assumed that it would be another Pirelli but the manufacturer was not specified. I was hoping to find out if there is any custom marking on these tires like the LM1.

I have a AGT ordered with the 20” tires. Got this info from my advisor:

20" Aero Lite (cast) with Aero Inserts
Tires: 245/40R20 (Front) / 265/40R20 (Rear) Summer Michelin Pilot Sport EV

That's probably the same preproduction car from the Arizona factory event. This is the pic they tweeted at that time:
243313365_577998090020009_3880411209948782388_n.jpg

I’m guessing the range of the 20s will be about 1/2 way between the 19s and 21s so 490ish depending on compound and tread aggressiveness.

Check the top half of the mirrors, it is hard to tell on the Fountan Hills car but they look to me to be the same color as the body as expected on GT and Touring but the mirrors an the factory event were Al as expected on DE. This may be a different car and a production version.

Check the top half of the mirrors, it is hard to tell on the Fountan Hills car but they look to me to be the same color as the body as expected on GT and Touring but the mirrors an the factory event were Al as expected on DE. This may be a different car and a production version.

Interesting, what is a more likely scenario? Producing a different Touring or changing out the mirrors?

The red they had at the meet and greet prior to factory commission was a DE for sure. Not sure what car they used to take the picture but I would think the one from the insideevs was the same car.
Interesting, what is a more likely scenario? Producing a different Touring or changing out the mirrors?

The red they had at the meet and greet prior to factory commission was a DE for sure. Not sure what car they used to take the picture but I would think the one from the insideevs was the same car.
I am more referring to the car @Neurio posted, which has 20” Aero Lite wheels vs the one they showed today at the Concours in the Hills. Difference being the mirrors.

You know who can tell us is @ashoka8350 because I took his picture in front of that car!

Ok found it, the one they are using is most likely they had on display inside the factory during commissioning. I really should have posted this a loooong time ago.

20210928_154747.jpg

Do you remember the interior color of this car?

Back