2.4.0 / 2.4.2 / 2.4.4 OTA

I'm thinking HACS is the HA Cloud service, correct?
No. It’s a plug in for HA that allows you to pull in custom integrations from GitHub (like the Lucid one)

We’re getting off topic though. There is a HA thread in this forum for any HA related questions.

CS told me the OTA should be pushed within the next 24 hours. When I asked if that was her estimate or from the dev team she said it was her own; which means she's guessing.

Just wanted to chime in that I’ve been driving around with 2.4.3 and it’s been excellent for me. Zero issues with cameras, glitches, CarPlay, etc. Lane changes work great. Car does a better job of handling sharper curves (though it’s still not perfect.) Lucid Assistant works fine for my needs. I asked it to turn down the fan speed on the driver’s side, and it knew what I meant. Gave me a weather report. I’m sure It’ll be able to do more soon. (Not a fan of the voice, though.)

I have an early Touring, for those who don’t know.

To me, this is the biggest and most helpful update Lucid has put out since 2.0. So kudos to the team. I know some are experiencing issues with hardware and other glitches. I do hope the team gets to the bottom of those soon, and I understand your frustration. Just know, not all Airs are experiencing these issues.

For those wondering why Lucid “can’t just” do this or that, you are demonstrating a serious lack of understanding of just how much testing goes into each and every tiny change in this car’s software. It’s an incredibly complex web of systems that handle far more than turning cameras off or on, or switching radio stations. The whole car is controlled by software. And every change, every “option” adds to the complexity. If it were me making decisions about adding this or that, I’d be pushing for keeping all features as simple and maintainable as possible.

So no, I would not advocate for adding sliders and sixteen options for tiny variances that make six customers happy, at the expense of tech debt that will lead to more bugs.

Software is opinionated. You make sensible default decisions where you can. You add options only when you truly can’t find a default that would please 80% of your customers. The “nice to have” options come much later, when your full feature set is well established and working flawlessly.

I’m excited with what the team has accomplished in just a few short years. And there’s no sign they are letting up.

Although I enjoy driving the car myself, I decided to give Highway Assist under 2.4.4 a try yesterday in a light rain. It was very smooth, very natural and, most importantly, very uneventful. In fact it felt as if I was driving the car. To me that’s the best testimonial, natural and not artificial. What’s also great is that unlike my 2017 MS’ ‘autopilot’, it hasn’t tried to kill ne. ;) Sure the nags are still there if you’re not applying a bit of torque to the wheel, but that’s easy to avoid.

All in all, I’ve had no glitches with 2.4.4 thus far, with all cameras working as before the update. Having access to Home Link while backing was great and now I can actually put the remote opener back in a drawer. A very nice update!

As a nearly two-year AGT owner, I am delighted with the latest update. I will not recite chapter and verse on each functional change but note that my impression in the first few days is that it improves the experience of driving this amazing vehicle. Is it perfect? No, but it is in another dimension compared to other cars I have owned in every respect from dynamic capability to safety, comfort, range, space, and driving satisfaction.

‘23 pure awd ddp still on 2.3.10.

Idk, Obviously I/we want the company to do well, I just hope that this was a substantial learning experience in OS updates bc if this is the norm for releases it’s just not a sustainable model. So fingers crossed!

Got the 2.2.4 update. I like all of the ideas in it - especially some final confirmation that DDP is actually being developed - and most of the implementation.

For DDP, lane change assist took an exceptionally long time to train and enable. I commuted patiently on the highway to and fro for three days and more than 20 miles or so before it did, luckily shortly before I was about to call customer service.

Then there is HA itself. After the update lane centering became clearly shakier, especially on curves. On many left curves it comes dangerously close to the lane divider (and probably was going to cross it once) that I had to take over. I am baffled that lane protection warning also did not engage in these cases, it clearly should have.

Finally there is the car's perception of its position in the lane. See attached image! I don't know if this is a rendering or modeling bug but I suspect the latter. HA won't engage when this happens which tells the SW really thinks the car is on the divider!

Attachments

• PXL_20240928_011356470.MP.webp
    PXL_20240928_011356470.MP.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 980
Finally there is the car's perception of its position in the lane. See attached image! I don't know if this is a rendering or modeling bug but I suspect the latter. HA won't engage when this happens which tells the SW really thinks the car is on the divider!
Were you really in HA in the picture? It says Adaptive Cruise, but I could be mistaken in the subtleties of how things work.

‘23 pure awd ddp still on 2.3.10.

Idk, Obviously I/we want the company to do well, I just hope that this was a substantial learning experience in OS updates bc if this is the norm for releases it’s just not a sustainable model. So fingers crossed!

What isn't sustainable about this? Pretty sure the expectations are just unreasonable. Just about every consumer product that exists which gets updates gets them in a staggered fashion, sometimes over time periods of many months or a year. Would you rather they just blast it out to everyone and potentially brick your car?

Stop being so impatient. It'll get there. Your car is still working just fine on 2.3.10.

Back