2-3-10 Update (Highway Assist)

actnjack

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
Lucia Air Grand Touring
Do anyone notice that Highway Assist has drastically improved since the last update? I noticed two improvements but waited to post here until I had multiple opportunities to witness. 1) the Air appears to be more stable in the lanes even around merging and cornering lanes when it had the most difficult; before it use to be all over the place like in Seinfeld’s voice “it’s wild - all over the place.” 2. It better recognizes when you are holding the steering wheel. Before it kept alerting me to attend to the steering wheel as if I was not; I keep my hands on the wheel about 99 percent of the time but it doesn’t recognize it.

Both improvements are greatly appreciated although I believe there are a lot more that they can do with all the available sensors like recognizing vehicles adjacent to me; not just the blind spot indicators. My other EV, not just recognize but it takes action by moving away from a vehicle that is intruding to close…

Did you witness any improvements?

I noticed some improvement in lane centering on relatively straight and simple highways, but haven't tried HA on anything more complicated yet. No improvement for me on the steering wheel sensor.

It seems to be gradually improving with each OTA. I used it extensively last week on a road trip and it performed quite well compared to doing the same trip months ago and had to take over numerous times.

I am prohibited from using highway assist when my wife and kids are with me because they say the weaving from side to side in the lane makes them nauseous. This is since the last update so according to them, it has not gotten better.

I am prohibited from using highway assist when my wife and kids are with me because they say the weaving from side to side in the lane makes them nauseous. This is since the last update so according to them, it has not gotten better.
I agree; it’s still not perfect, to me, it just seems better than before the update.

Back