Tim-in-CA

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring, Rivian R1S
Referral Code
OZLJ2XPG
Just got this notification … installing now

IMG_1061.jpeg

Does CA get updates 1st as trial? Don't see it in MD this AM, yet, but last update was 2.0.66, so where's 2.0.67?

Does CA get updates 1st as trial? Don't see it in MD this AM, yet, but last update was 2.0.66, so where's 2.0.67?
This is the first time I was one of the first (at least first to post). I typically get updates 2-5 days after I see a post on here. I think it’s a crap shoot as to who gets the updates

This is the first time I was one of the first (at least first to post). I typically get updates 2-5 days after I see a post on here. I think it’s a crap shoot as to who gets the updates
Everybody gets the updates. They are released in smaller batches. Usually takes about a week for the entire fleet to get it. If it’s been more than a week, you can call/text customer service and request they push it.

Everybody gets the updates. They are released in smaller batches. Usually takes about a week for the entire fleet to get it. If it’s been more than a week, you can call/text customer service and request they push it.
I meant, who gets the updates first and in what order. In my previous job, updates were released to devices in batches in a FIFO manner when their device hit the update server. Like Lucid, an update could be pushed to a specific SN (or VIN in Lucid’s case) by customer care.

The release numbering scheme is not a single digit increment -- there have not been 67 released versions since 2.0. And releases are distributed to cars not en masse but in small batches over a period of what seems to be around a week. How the batches are created and managed is not public information, but doesn't seem to be based on purchase or build date, location, VIN#, or how much you paid for your car; it is more likely based on getting early information back from the first batches that might point to problems in the release content or build production. And each car will download at its own speed depending on a variety of factors including connection speed (think wireless vs. cellular connection speeds) before it announces that it is ready to actually install that update.
The period of time from the first person announcing they've seen the update to 95% seeing it seems to be (rough estimate without insider knowledge) about 5-6 days. Outliers may have poor connectivity or could have a problematic update that needs to be repushed, or sometimes a release is not applicable to all vehicles.
TL;DR: if you're hearing others talk about an update and you've not seen it by a week later, contact customer support.

I got my 2.0.68 update earlier today whereas with previous updates it’s been almost immediately ranging up to a few days out. If it’s not random, it may as well be. Fine by me, the software is already good and the updates are gravy.

It's random to us, but not to Lucid 😁 or maybe it is, either way, doesn't matter. Patience is a virtue.

Just installed 2.0.68 then got in the road. Neither an iphone nor a pixel 6 will play thru Bluetooth. Both play when not connected to lucid. Anyone else?

Just installed 2.0.68 then got in the road. Neither an iphone nor a pixel 6 will play thru Bluetooth. Both play when not connected to lucid. Anyone else?
1. Logo reset.
(if needed) 2. remove and re-pair

Back