19" winter wheel option

Air_GT

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air grand touring
Since our choices for winter wheels is really limited right now for the Pirelli LM1 tires (19" only, 5x120, 64 Center bore) I went ahead and ordered 19" replica Tesla turbine wheels in black.

While I was at the service Center today picking up my TPMS, to my surprise there was another air GT that already had these wheels installed and they actually look great on our car!

I’ll post pics when I get mine installed.

Please take pics, I was looking at these earlier. I wonder how much of a weight difference there is.

Please take pics, I was looking at these earlier. I wonder how much of a weight difference there is.
I took pics of the other vehicle, but the guys at the service Center told me not to post them anywhere 🤷🏼‍♂️

But don’t worry it looks awesome, much much much nicer than the Factory 19" in my opinion.

And I’m pretty sure they are lighter

That's one thing I haven't been able to find.. specs on the factory 19" wheels. They're a 64.1mm bore, but I haven't seen any info around offset or weight.

Too late to edit the above post, but I just saw on my quote for a set of stock 19" wheels that they're 19x8 ET40. So really similar to Tesla wheels.. same bore, offset and size. I wonder if the TPS are the same... the quote says TG1C, but I don't know if that tells much.

Quick pic I snapped parked at work
Can’t see the wheels that well but they look great imo

Attachments

• D88A293C-ADDE-402C-B7D3-1C73CD322271.jpeg
    D88A293C-ADDE-402C-B7D3-1C73CD322271.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 223
I just had my local shop attempt to install my 19" Tesla Cyclone wheels, and the spacing on the rear was not enough. The rim comes in direct contact with the rear break calipers.

Can anyone confirm the offset of the Lucid 19" wheels? Did either @Shuasha or @MTL_AirGT have a problem with this?

Does anyone know of a good place to buy a wheel spacer?

They're ET40 for the offset (which is listed as what Tesla 19" wheels are, but I guess they could still hit the brakes if the design is that different. You can buy wheel spacers many places, just make sure to get aluminum ones and only as thick as you need for clearance.

I did not need wheel spacers for the turbine replica 19" wheels I just got back from having the TPMS reprogrammed

Attachments

• 3F63C606-BF58-40B8-9F26-FD8BE2A21980.jpeg
    3F63C606-BF58-40B8-9F26-FD8BE2A21980.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 152
I just got back from my local shop, and the problem is different than I thought. The offset isn't the problem, the inner diameter of the wheel doesn't clear the break caliper. There's a ridge on the inside of the wheel that decreases the inner diameter by about 3mm, and it's enough to eliminate the clearance. The replicas probably are flat on the inside surface from inside to outside, but the OEMs are not. It makes me worried about whether any aftermarket 19" wheel will fit.

Looks like I'm ordering a Lucid 19" winter set :-(

Since our choices for winter wheels is really limited right now for the Pirelli LM1 tires (19" only, 5x120, 64 Center bore) I went ahead and ordered 19" replica Tesla turbine wheels in black.

While I was at the service Center today picking up my TPMS, to my surprise there was another air GT that already had these wheels installed and they actually look great on our car!

I’ll post pics when I get mine installed.
Can you use Tesla wheels on Lucid Air Dream Edition?

Back