19” wheels and tires

Clyde2575

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Grand Touring
Thoughts please. I received my GT with 21” wheels and was told that I could easily chnage to 19”. I reached out to Lucid to get a price and regrettably my email was not thoroughly read so the price is not accurate but thoughts on the rest of what I am told?? It seems off that everything needs to be recalibrated due to a change in tires when people do it seasonally. Thank you.

Attachments

• 7EB1E0DD-E4AD-45BF-889B-B0921C3AE9BD.jpeg
    7EB1E0DD-E4AD-45BF-889B-B0921C3AE9BD.jpeg
    321.1 KB · Views: 205
19" are ~$4800 installed and are backordered, at least at the Chicago SC. I can see them recalibrating the power to the motors, not sure why anything needs to be done at the cell level.

19" are ~$4800 installed and are backordered, at least at the Chicago SC. I can see them recalibrating the power to the motors, not sure why anything needs to be done at the cell level.
Thank you. That price was in the price range I expected. I don’t mind waiting but I do want to make the change. I called my salesperson and asked for a different service advisor as the entire email rubbed me the wrong way.

My SA said they randomly get a few sets in and are just going down the list, apparently everybody is looking for them right now.

Everything you were told is accurate. The price for the 19s is about half that of the 21s.

Everything you were told is accurate. The price for the 19s is about half that of the 21s.
So, those that change seasonally have to go in each time and have everything recalibrated? I’m glad I live in Phoenix where there is no need to change tires seasonally. Eek.

So, those that change seasonally have to go in each time and have everything recalibrated? I’m glad I live in Phoenix where there is no need to change tires seasonally. Eek.
Not the worst thing in the world to have your car in front of a technician a couple of times a year.
Back to you question, when I was doing my winter wheel thing, the instruction was call Lucid Customer Service and let them know what you would like to accomplish.
They will open a ticket (pretty much like an IT help desk workflow) and then someone from your local service department will contact you to go from there.

There should be a simple control on the panel to reset TPS and change wheel size. It’s not that complicated. I used to do it in my Tesla twice a year.

No, they can do it via mobile service.

No, they can do it via mobile service.
Mine apparently does not do wheel and tires cia mobile and just told me that the 21” and 19” are the same price. I may have to take a trip to get them done…

There should be a simple control on the panel to reset TPS and change wheel size. It’s not that complicated. I used to do it in my Tesla twice a year.
Like wise, there was a simple control in my Porsche that let me reset TPS to accommodate winter wheel and tire change.

Like wise, there was a simple control in my Porsche that let me reset TPS to accommodate winter wheel and tire change.
Yeah, I believe this is on the very long “future updates” list at Lucid. They just haven’t gotten to it yet. Understandably low priority, I would imagine. Though, now that more owners are taking delivery in the snowy winter, maybe it will get bumped up.

Thoughts please. I received my GT with 21” wheels and was told that I could easily chnage to 19”. I reached out to Lucid to get a price and regrettably my email was not thoroughly read so the price is not accurate but thoughts on the rest of what I am told?? It seems off that everything needs to be recalibrated due to a change in tires when people do it seasonally. Thank you.
thats insane

Mine apparently does not do wheel and tires cia mobile and just told me that the 21” and 19” are the same price. I may have to take a trip to get them done…
21" and 19" are definitely not the same price.

I suppose not every service center may have a mobile service van, but at least here we have one that does general service and one specifically for tire and wheel service.

21" and 19" are definitely not the same price.

I suppose not every service center may have a mobile service van, but at least here we have one that does general service and one specifically for tire and wheel service.
I called her and explained that from everyone I have spoken to (here and elsewhere) that the 19" are about $4800 and if they cannot meet that price I understand but I would just go to California and take a vacation and have it done there. She said she will research and get back to me...

I did hear back and in Scottsdale, all in, it will be $5,100 to change from 21” to 19”. It is scheduled for next Wednesday.

Seeing that artic blast coming through the Midwest, hoping no one there still has the OEM summer tires on their Lucid

Back