Cars
'22 AGT, '93 968
Referral Code
NM5ZS2NA
Me and my dog just got back from a 1600-mile round trip:

DC - Luray VA last Friday 18th
Luray - Moultonborough, NH Sunday 20th
Day-trip to Boston Tuesday 22nd
NH back to DC Saturday 26th (via New Haven, CT to collect the Mrs)

The Air was (of course) a delight. I won't say 'flawless' - Highway Assist, while functional, still needs a bit of work. It wanders too much and still can't hold the line on fast-ish sweeping curves. But once you learn to work with its quirks it's pretty good. Otherwise the trip confirmed my view that this vehicle is, well, sublime. But we all knew that. The fact that even the VA - NH leg of over 700 miles didn't feel fatiguing is extremely impressive. As is the ability to demonstrate the car's abilities to a McLaren on I-93 while simultaneously enjoying a relaxing massage ...

EA experience was probably better than expected. The only real disappointment was the Wawa in New Castle, DE. I arrived to find a Kia already waiting, and when I did get a station it gave me a heady 34kW. Moved to the next one that opened up, but it wasn't much better. Then the Kia left, so I moved again and got 220+ kW.

Planning goes a long way; I'd looked at pictures on PlugShare to make sure I avoided the troublesome Signet units as much as possible (although I saw something cryptic on Twitter suggesting this was about to be resolved?). But EA really do need to look at capacity - many of the stations I stopped at were full, and while I only had to wait that one time in DE, at a couple of others there were two or three cars waiting when I left. I guess once the hoi polloi move to NACS we'll have EA all to ourselves :D

I saw two other Lucids on my travels: a white one in Boston near Fenway, and a red one on Rt 9 in NH.

@Spin Doctor I will be in your area. I will be driving from Montreal to DC at the end of Oct, 3 to 4 days in Bethesda and driving to Fremont, CA via Memphis, Nashville, Albuquerque, Flagstaff, Bakersfield. Back to Fremont 2nd week of Nov or so.

Great! I should be here - I'm NH for a bit beginning of October but will be back in DC by then. Let me know if you've time for a beer. Or if your visit includes a Saturday morning there's a pretty good cars and coffee in Great Falls, VA - I've been meaning to try to round up a few local Lucids one weekend.

Your road trip sounds fantastic!

Back