110 Volt charging

First_EV

Hi - until I don't get 14/50 charger (220V) installed, I am planning to use regular outlet (110V) in garage for charging my car. Any idea on how many miles/minute it will charge? I have ordered Charge Point Home Flex with 14/50 plug and waiting to be arrived. Thanks.

Hi - until I don't get 14/50 charger (220V) installed, I am planning to use regular outlet (110V) in garage for charging my car. Any idea on how many miles/minute it will charge? I have ordered Charge Point Home Flex with 14/50 plug and waiting to be arrived. Thanks.
A 120V outlet will charge at most 3 mph depending on the temperature of your garage. If your garage is very cold or hot, it may not charge at all, as most of the available power will be used in heating or cooling the battery.

A 120V outlet will charge at most 3 mph depending on the temperature of your garage. If your garage is very cold or hot, it may not charge at all, as most of the available power will be used in heating or cooling the battery.
Damn, it is cold here is Chicago. I have EA charger near by which I can use temporarily. Hopefully they work well. Thanks.

It also depends upon how much you drive in a day and how long you plan to charge when home.

Damn, it is cold here is Chicago. I have EA charger near by which I can use temporarily. Hopefully they work well. Thanks.
You mentioned that you have ordered the Chargepoint EVSE. So do you have a 50 amp 220 volt outlet already? If so, you can use the Lucid provided charge cable to charge.

You won't get much. I think you may have to go to a public charger (EA, etc.) once or twice until your EVSE arrives.
Thank you. I hope it charges at least couple of miles per hour.
It also depends upon how much you drive in a day and how long you plan to charge when home.
My average miles is around 20 miles a day and 10 or more hours of charging. As long as I get 2 miles for now it’s fine. Thanks

You mentioned that you have ordered the Chargepoint EVSE. So do you have a 50 amp 220 volt outlet already? If so, you can use the Lucid provided charge cable to charge.
No I have to find someone to install 220 volt outlet and replace new cables.

I could not charge my grand touring at all with level 1 charger. Was a little surprising as it was all we use for our bolt.

I could not charge my grand touring at all with level 1 charger. Was a little surprising as it was all we use for our bolt.
That is weird, I talked to sales people in Oakbrook mall as well and they indicated it will be 2/3 miles per minute. Mostly I am getting my car this Wednesday so I will know soon.

That is weird, I talked to sales people in Oakbrook mall as well and they indicated it will be 2/3 miles per minute. Mostly I am getting my car this Wednesday so I will know soon.
If your garage and car battery are warm, it's possible. But not a reliable choice.

110V charging can also be impossible bc of that Wunderbox thermal management, you can either have +1 kWh or -2 kWh. You will find out soon as I have gave up on it.

Chevy Bolt does not have fast charging DC capability like Lucid Wunderbox to have state of art thermal management to prolong life of battery.

Back