Recent content by TFCooper

  1. TFCooper

    Lane Change Flashes too short?

    I rented a car recently that had that ability: 3, 5, or 7. I chose 5.
  2. TFCooper

    Lane Change Flashes too short?

    I think the flash interval is pretty consistent across cars. I love FSD on my Model S, but when it changes lanes it has too many flashes (for too long). I really should count, but it feels like 9 or 10 flashes on average.
  3. TFCooper

    Lucid lawsuit

    What purpose do they serve? If the lawsuit wins, Lucid pays some money to its owners, minus a hefty legal fee. But defending the lawsuit is expensive, even if Lucid prevails. In all scenarios, Lucid shareholders lose.
  4. TFCooper

    Lane Change Flashes too short?

    Totally agree, I prefer 4 or 5 flashes. But three does seem to be standard among the cars I've driven.
  5. TFCooper

    Generous Trade-In Credit

    That article is correct: a chunk of the depreciation was due to Lucid cutting prices. I'm not sure I'd call that "depreciation"; perhaps "market correction" or something. In any case, how much the value of my car had fallen from new was irrelevant to the purchase decision. What was relevant...
  6. TFCooper

    Generous Trade-In Credit

    Sounds about right. But what I had paid for the 2023 AT wasn’t relevant to the 2026 AT purchase decision.
  7. TFCooper

    Generous Trade-In Credit

    When I looked it up, kbb.com didn't value my car. (Some information missing, or something like that.) I paid around $94,000 for the car, ordered in October of 2022.
  8. TFCooper

    Generous Trade-In Credit

    I recently traded in my low-mileage 2023 Air Touring for a new 2026 Air Touring. My old car was in excellent (but not perfect) condition, and Lucid gave me $45,000 credit towards a new one. That, combined with the $7,500 October credit and the $2,000 existing-owner credit, made the trade-in...
  9. TFCooper

    What is your electricity (kWh) cost at home ?

    You must live in a town with its own utility! Here in Lincoln, we have Eversource. A friend who recently retired from Eversource told me that about a third of my electricity bill is due to transfers and subsidies. (I'm a recipient of some of those subsidies, with my solar array.) In...
  10. TFCooper

    What is your electricity (kWh) cost at home ?

    32¢/kWh in my town in MA
  11. TFCooper

    Software Version 2.8.7

    My front and back cameras stopped working after updating to 2.8.7, but a soft reset resolved the issue.
  12. TFCooper

    Is the stock a steal or not at 2.2

    I think at this point, one of two things will happen: Either the stock goes to zero (in a restructuring), or the company recovers and the stock price more than triples. I really don't see a middle-ground scenario, as the current path is clearly unsustainable. Lucid builds great cars, but having...
  13. TFCooper

    Gravity test drives?

    The fob was working on the showroom car, but I’m not sure about the one my wife drove. I was in the back and the SA was shotgun. Didn’t pay close attention!
  14. TFCooper

    Gravity test drives?

    I did a walk-in test drive in Natick, MA yesterday with my wife. Great car.
Back
Top