Recent content by speed

  1. speed

    Car locked with child inside and would not unlock

    Worse for what? This is a thread on the car locking unexpectedly. My RR experience with keys/locking/unlocking has been perfect.
  2. speed

    Car locked with child inside and would not unlock

    I’m done with Lucid, at least for now. My issues were not fixed, even after multiple service visits and escalation. At this point, I don’t believe this is just a bad service experience or one unlucky car. There are fundamental problems with the software and access systems, and Lucid needs a...
  3. speed

    Car locked with child inside and would not unlock

    Mine still wasn’t fixed after a second service visit. At this point, I don’t think this is something that can be solved with another routine service visit, reset, or inspection. It appears to be a deeper hardware/software issue that needs a real engineering fix. What’s frustrating is that...
  4. speed

    Car locked with child inside and would not unlock

    Update on this: I received the car back last week. The technician said that one of the sensors in the rear of the vehicle needed to be replaced. We did a walkthrough before I left, and everything appeared to be working correctly at the time, although it's possible the issue wasn't presenting...
  5. speed

    Car locked with child inside and would not unlock

    I also think UWB won’t fully fix the problem. UWB wil improve the proximity detection and accuracy, but the issue still seems to be how the software handles edge cases and ambiguous situations. That’s probably what they can optimize for.
  6. speed

    Car locked with child inside and would not unlock

    Engineering hat on Honestly, the biggest issue here seems to be the car making hard yes/no decisions in situations that really need more context-aware behavior. Right now the logic may effectively be: - phone RSSI drops / credential moves away = auto-lock But real-world behavior around a...
  7. speed

    Car locked with child inside and would not unlock

    Quick update on this: I honestly didn’t expect this to get as much attention as it did, but after I shared the details with @marqie, someone from Lucid reached out directly. They were very attentive to my concerns and thoughtful about the situation. Most importantly, they acknowledged that this...
  8. speed

    Car locked with child inside and would not unlock

    I’ve defended Lucid for a long time. This is actually my second Lucid Air in 3 years, and I’ve tried to be patient with all the software glitches, key issues, random bugs, and “it’ll get fixed in an update” stuff. But yesterday honestly was the worst for me. I was driving home with my...
  9. speed

    For Trade Trade 19” for 20” wheels

    21s are fine. How many miles on them? Where are you located, can you ship?
  10. speed

    For Trade Trade 19” for 20” wheels

    bumping to the top, the tires now have 300 miles on them.
  11. speed

    For Trade Trade 19” for 20” wheels

    Picking up my second Lucid this Saturday and it will have a brand new set of 19” aero wheels and tires. Interested in trading for 20” wheels. DM or reply if you are interested Located in Austin TX
  12. speed

    Swift Mode - why?

    I don’t get the point of this mode, especially in a Touring. It’s slightly more powerful than smooth and not nearly as responsive or powerful as Sprint. But the worst thing is that you can actually feel the computer restricting power on spirited acceleration. It’s like turbo lag I regularly...
  13. speed

    Accelerator Pedal stiffness

    So far this is the worst pedal feel from what I’ve driven. There is barely any power 12-15% into pedal travel and then it’s really hard and finally around 40% is when you start to feel any noticeable response. Pair that up with the smooth mode default and it just is unpleasant.
  14. speed

    Big problem! People Staring at My Car!

    I've owned several cars in the past 5 years, R8, M3 etc. that have had this issue, but I see it the most with the Lucid. People stare at the car like it's a museum exhibit!! 😝 Some will follow, some will click pictures, but everyone is in awe of the looks, and almost no one knows what it is...
  15. speed

    RESOLVED Window does not close

    Had the same problem and service came out and replaced a part in it. Now its back, and this reminds me I have to contact service.
Back
Top