Recent content by pavan

  1. pavan

    Fob, Phone or Both

    Phone only most of the time. Took the fob with me on a long day trip, as a backup. The phone works well enough for me, and having the fob around made things weird a couple of times.
  2. pavan

    Electrify America Charging for New Purchases (Sept 2025)

    I picked up my Air a month ago. I have charged at a couple of EA stations, but got charged both times. I don’t believe there is a free charging benefit now. AFAIK you need to have a valid credit card in the Lucid Wallet for this EA charging to work.
  3. pavan

    Air 2.8.4 software update

    It was showing up on the top left of that screen for me with 2.8.0. Also on the top left of the pilot panel Settings screen.
  4. pavan

    HFOV access extended in CA …

    I stuck mine behind the cockpit display, so it can be seen from the outside but invisible to me inside the car. And it's reachable for the driver when moving the switch between 1, 2, and 3+.
  5. pavan

    Driver Seat Settings

    I recently got an Air Touring with the 14-way seats and my previous car is a Model 3, and I am in inch shorter than you. On the Model 3, I found a higher seat height to be most comfortable. On the Air, that's where I started. But with the seat high, if you want an unobstructed view of the...
  6. pavan

    Air printed manual

    I checked it, while the cover page is different, the contents and the first few pages seem identical to the Owner's Manual PDF on the Lucid website. For example, see this page of the printed booklet that says "About this Manual" (compare to page 3 of the PDF manual).
  7. pavan

    Wife Hotspot

    I saw a network called Lucid with the last few digits of my VIN, I think that's a hotspot. But I haven't looked into how to access it, as I am on AT&T as well and my phone has the same signal.
  8. pavan

    Air printed manual

    Perhaps I got confused. This is what I saw in the glovebox, it is called a Quick Reference Guide, not Owner's Manual. Don't know if this has the same content as the online manual, will take a look when my wife is back with the car.
  9. pavan

    HFOV access extended in CA …

    I picked up my new Air Touring a couple of days after the last date to apply for a Clean Air Vehicle decal. This article won't open for me because I don't have a subscription. Does this mean that they will accept applications for decals again? The DMV website still says they are not accepting...
  10. pavan

    Impressed with the Air’s charging speed

    We were back in the Bay Area by dinner time, charged at the Milpitas Square EA location.
  11. pavan

    Impressed with the Air’s charging speed

    We took our new Air Touring out on its first day trip to Big Sur and back, a 320 mile round trip. The car was great: quiet and comfortable, and a great pleasure to drive both on freeways and in the hills. I had started with a full charge, so I didn’t really need to charge on the trip. But when...
  12. pavan

    Bluetooth stays connected after leaving the car

    Lucid needs to solve this in the next software update. If the driver door is opened and then closed with no one in the driver's seat, turn off the audio system so it disconnects from the phone Bluetooth. If there is weight in the driver's seat that keeps the airbag on, then don't turn off the...
  13. pavan

    Lucid Air 2026 CARB Executive Order

    I bought "FSD" with Tesla once and have been disillusioned with automotive vaporware since. I stopped using those features in the Tesla out of concern for safety. So I decided I don't want to pay extra to be on the leading edge of ADAS for the next 3 years of my lease.
  14. pavan

    One more great review being a owner - Engineering Explained

    I watched and read a lot of reviews of the Air before deciding to lease one. I even asked ChatGPT a few weeks ago why most of the reviews were positive and I wasn't finding any real negative reviews. This video dropped a few hours before we did our test drive. My wife's reaction after the test...
  15. pavan

    Lucid Air 2026 CARB Executive Order

    Something weird going on, I see that the 2025 models got their EOs in July 2024. The sales guy I worked with didn't mention this issue, but he was nudging me towards 2025 models with incentives.
Back
Top