Recent content by Papa Red

  1. P

    Solar Charging

    So my plan is (10) 460 watt 4'x6' PV panels on the shed roof. I have solar on my other house, and based on that performance and the difference in array sizes and orientation I think I can get about 20 kwh per peak day of panel production. My commute right now is around 60 miles which is about...
  2. P

    Solar Charging

    At the end of the video his Tesla would not recognize the battery pack but his friends did. This is the kind of thing I am worried about- my Lucid not recognizing the battery for some reason
  3. P

    Solar Charging

    If you are interested, this is my template
  4. P

    Solar Charging

    I looked into direct DC (solar) to DC (Lucid charger) instead of having an inverter but read somewhere that won't work for some reason.
  5. P

    Solar Charging

    Thanks for the reply! There is a 240 volt outlet out of the inverter which I have seen videos of people connecting directly to their EV (not a Lucid). But, if I have to get the Lucid wall charger and go through that between the battery and car no problem. I am assuming if I get the Lucid...
  6. P

    Solar Charging

    I am planning on adding a dedicated solar PV charging station for my 2023 Lucid Air Pure. My old house electrical infrastructure would require much upgrade to get a house charging station. The solar would be on my shed, wired to a battery bank and then directly to the Lucid. The battery is a...
  7. P

    Tire Pressure Monitor

    Appreciate everyone's response and understand all the nuances with tire pressure. My question was if these is a reset button somewhere in the system to get rid of the alarm? Either on-board or on the APP? I have checked the pressures and they are all the same and are all within the...
  8. P

    Tire Pressure Monitor

    I am sure this is addressed somewhere in the forum but I cannot find. My tire pressure warning is lit up and won't go away. The status screen shows all the tires are at the exact same pressure. I guess I could just go and tweak all the tires a little bit and see what happens, but probably...
  9. P

    Charges Too Fast!

    9,000 miles in with my lovely Lucid and I have an issue. We had settled into a good rhythm for local charging at a few favorite EV spots. The stations coincidentally were proximate to favorite pubs as well. Timing was perfect- plug in for lunch, stroll a few blocks away, leisurely have a...
  10. P

    I’m so happy to be a Lucid Owner

    Also, the OTA upgrades just keep coming. I honestly have zero complaints about software/hardware issues, but then they send something out and it gets even better. I don't always read the description of the upgrade, but clearly they are concerned about continuous improvement and it's great to...
  11. P

    I’m so happy to be a Lucid Owner

    Outstanding vehicle. My lovely wife would not let me get the ZR but SB is not so bad.
  12. P

    Rivian R1S

    Yes! Finally got my Lucy back. Definitely had the privilege of testing out the Rivian R1S on the dime of my insurance company for several weeks. Agree that it is a completely different usage case from the Lucid Air and not a direct comparison. I appreciate the R1S utility- took a load of...
  13. P

    Rivian R1S

    The R1S does have a "kneel" mode where the car lowers in park to make it easier to get in and out.
  14. P

    No fault fender bender at $15k

    It is expensive to repair these high end vehicles and I am not surprised at the cost. I am going through a similar situation with my Air Pure where I got hit in a parking lot and something punched through the lower front end (I believe a snow plow) and damaged the "front module" which is just...
  15. P

    Rivian R1S

    First of all- apologies to the group. Did not mean to ignite another long discussion about efficiency and range. Also, the Rivian is a very nice vehicle- just not as good as my Lucid. With regards to the rental situation, that is a long and tragic saga. Short version- my Lucid was hit in a...
Back
Top