Recent content by kurious

  1. kurious

    Impressed with service turnaround!

    SEATTLE! I've owned nearly 20 cars over decades, nothing can match Seattle's service experience. TOP. SHELF. Fourth year now, sustained excellence.
  2. kurious

    Car and Driver 40k mile Air Pure long term test wrap up

    What an awesome article - call out the warts but yet somehow everyone (staff not owning) prefers it to the other options. Mine's an AWD Pure so a quarter of the issues sidestepped. And mine has... <knocks on wood> never been towed. 3 years + 45 days I'm just hitting 26k mi, and super-pleased...
  3. kurious

    Damage to front

    My local Lucid service center did sell me the $700 black rear trim part. It sure might be worth asking.
  4. kurious

    Custom rear mount square tube (under trunk) bike rack for 2025 Air Pure

    Yes - see this post here. It's not custom but it's designed for Airs.
  5. kurious

    Sharing a positive service experience

    Seattle's Aaron performed my 3-year service in my driveway! I'm not sure Lucid is the only brand to offer this, but I've never heard of any others. Just one more thing to revel in on top of the best damn car period. I remain in the extreme end of fan-boy here.
  6. kurious

    Lucid Air vs Porsche Taycan

    Lucid originally claimed the Pure AWD has 410 mi range, vs 406 mi for the RWD. The Touring introduces a bunch of apples-to-oranges weight differences so not useful for strict efficiency comparison of AWD vs RWD efficiency.
  7. kurious

    Lucid Air vs Porsche Taycan

    Lucid isn't providing any info, and speculations here vary. It's possible the dual motor imposes a general efficiency hit. It's possible it doesn't.
  8. kurious

    Lucid Air vs Porsche Taycan

    I believe if you stay in Smooth mode, the car will use single motor whenever the driving pattern allows, like steady cruising. So dual motor just means carrying the extra weight of an idle second motor.
  9. kurious

    How do you take a nap in the Gravity?

    Claude says Creature Comfort mode is a good workaround. It's on the climate screen, paw print. You might have to get out then get back in again and close the door to activate it.
  10. kurious

    Question on using Cross Bars

    You might want to consider, depending on your type of riding... I sidestepped my own extreme hesitation with roof rack by first squeezing my gravel bike into my trunk+rear seats. Then I obtained a Montague Paratrooper folding full-on mountain bike, and what really made it work for me were...
  11. kurious

    Slowing down for curve?

    Yes my Air does this deliberately and noticeably. I don't know the thresholds in steering angle and velocity. I've just spent 20 of the last 45 days on BMW motorcycles with cruise control and they do the same thing. I speculate there's a safety/liability component here -- the manufacturer...
  12. kurious

    Key fob update?

    You're not alone! 2023 Air too, I got it, tapped through some bluetooth permissions, but never got back to the update notification or process. Sounds like a bunch of us had similar experience. I think someone on another thread was spot on: maybe only the Gravity's key fob has update-capable...
  13. kurious

    Lucid Service Issues

    I'm now 2.75 years in here in Seattle, and among the (extreme) fortunate side of the luck spectrum here. I have definitely noticed a drop this year in staff availability, returned calls, etc. I did just this past Wednesday have the mobile service come to my house to swap my winter wheels for all...
  14. kurious

    Disappointed? Rate your satisfaction 1-10 scale

    Uh, there is a resume function: just flick that left paddle upward and it resumes your prior set cruise speed. I too give mine a 10/10, I'm still (2.7 years in) agog with this machine.
  15. kurious

    Destination sharing from the App

    @marqie any expectations we can hear from Lucid on this?
Back
Top