Recent content by ke2

  1. K

    Software 3.6.5 Released

    My car in the 90's had a crank to roll up the windows :D
  2. K

    Software 3.6.5 Released

    Do you have at least 20% charge on your battery? If not the update will download but will not install until you have at least 20% charge (and you can't be charging while the update is happening so have to unplug the charger)
  3. K

    Gravity Tips and Tricks

    We have two fob's and it is possible to assign a different profile to each fob (we have our setup with different profiles. My fob has a twist tie on it and my wifes has nothing to tell the fobs apart.
  4. K

    Which adapters do you actually use?

    @joec it really depends on where you are. In some places (like where I am in Oakland CA area there is basically a DCFC wasteland. Even Tesla doesn't have many locations (one near the Oakland Coliseum and a second in Emeryville near the Emeryville Marketplace). The EA and EvGO locations aren't...
  5. K

    12 volt battery(ies) management

    Are peoples 12V batteries dying that frequently? From what I've seen on ICE cars if the 12V battery isn't in the engine compartment getting heated and cooled all the time and having engine/road debrie splattered on the battery the 12V batteries last years. In my BMW Z3 I don't ever recall...
  6. K

    Why did it stop

    EA only allows charging to 85% at all the EA chargers I've seen. It you have the EA app it will tell you that charging is only allowed to 85%
  7. K

    Which adapters do you actually use?

    The Gravity came with a CCS->NACS convertor and a J1772 convertor. I've used the J1772 connector once when I was at a winery and took advantage of their free L2 charging. The CCS-NACS convertor I make use of any time I'm at an EvGO charging station (and the one time I used an EA station)
  8. K

    Ionna rocks

    Westminster exit on I-405. It is on the right side as you go north.
  9. K

    Software 3.6.5 Released

    I haven't found it to be the case with the Gravity as of yet. I'm hoping to get the update as the front passenger window on our gravity is having the problem whereby the window goes all the way up and then drops halfway down like the car doesn't know when the window is up.
  10. K

    Ionna rocks

    For Orange County folks near Seal Beach/Huntington Beach Ionna is also opening a location at I-405 and Westminster (behind the In-n-out). The signage is up but the location is not functional
  11. K

    Software 3.6.5 Released

    If this is like other updates the 3.6.5 update will be rolled out to everyone as the way (at least in the past for Gravity) the software updates work is you have to have all the previous updates to get the latest and greatest. So if 3.7.5 was to roll out and you didn't have 3.6.5 for some...
  12. K

    Ionna rocks

    Early this year I had all kinds of problems with EVgO. Been better lately. Never had any problems with Tesla except a slow charger once. Tesla's superchager network has been rock solid functionally, though a bit slower than the EVgO chargers. I've only charged on EA once and it worked fine...
  13. K

    Interesting read on some car manufacturers dropping CarPlay

    The data the car companies have is fairly specific (which usually means the data is worth more). There's lots of data you can get (IIRC I think it was BMW that was going to start flashing ads in their mapping software, that had to earn them something). The google reference was to point out...
  14. K

    Interesting read on some car manufacturers dropping CarPlay

    Doing the math on your numbers would mean only 30,000 cars (6000/.2=30,000). So your math is off because I think Honda sells quite a few more cars than 30,000/year (and the revenue would continue every year for however long a car is in service). I'd also like you to provide the source of the...
  15. K

    LCD Rear View Mirror

    I'm not sure about the Lexus, but the Cadillac Escalade has the rear view camera on at all times for the rear view mirror (so the rear view mirror really is no longer a mirror). I think that's what the original poster is getting at, not just when you are in reverse.
Back
Top