Recent content by jbawden

  1. jbawden

    3.0 on Air

    Are you really not familiar with myriad complaints that many (not all) have about 2.10 and earlier UX? This is not the thread to regurgitate them but I'm so far very impressed with the speed and responsiveness. Seems like nothing went untouched, even the steering wheel volume control rate is...
  2. jbawden

    3.0 on Air

    I can confirm I just received notification of the software update. Mine is a May 2024 (Pure) build. Hoping this update is what I need to convince my wife to stay with Lucid.
  3. jbawden

    3.0 on Air

    I read the same thing in a Google alert, but all I can find now is "select 2024 models will need the hardware update", so does that mean the May+ builds are good to go?
  4. jbawden

    Lease Buyout

    What criteria did I lay out that puts her in a beige Camry? Operating door handles and a UX that doesn't crash opens up a lot of options...all them, actually. I'm not putting anyone in anything, she is making these choices based on her personal experience. Shout out E-40, everyone has choices.
  5. jbawden

    Lease Buyout

    The residual is just a best guess (or manipulation tool to adjust lease payments at the time of sale) but you can't use that as any measure of winning or losing on a buy out today. Check out the Lucid used site and you'll see 2-3 model year newer for less than those early residuals. Our...
  6. jbawden

    Is anybody successful in reaching Lucid for Annual Service

    Brake fluid is one of the most overlooked maintenance items on vehicles, or at least American vehicles. Euro brands are good about recommending 2-3 year change intervals, but I'm willing to bet there is a large number of cars on the road here that have never had the fluid changed and they are...
  7. jbawden

    Scotty Kilmer Reviewed my '25 AT

    Unwatchable? Obnoxious?? I knew who he was just by the name, so whatever it is he does seems to build recognition, if not followers.
  8. jbawden

    Air Pure vs Grand Touring in 2026

    '24 Pure with 20" wheels and Santa Cruz interior. I'm obviously biased, but the Pure with a few options checked off is really the sweet spot of value and driving dynamics.
  9. jbawden

    I sold it.... =( .... Can I still hang out with you guys?

    I think the GM BT1 platform is verging on irresponsible in terms of use of resources, inefficient drivetrain engineering, and overall weight. 9,500lbs curb weight is ridiculous.
  10. jbawden

    Regret my purchase

    If the lack of Homelink is going to cause you to use 31 exclamation points and regret your entire purchase decision, then that is on you!!!!! for not confirming the apparently life changing technology exists in the model you're about to purchase.
  11. jbawden

    Battery Health - How much degradation is normal?

    Is it plausible that what we think are best practice for battery health is not a fully vetted conclusion?
  12. jbawden

    Vote to bring back old seat belt logo cos new one sucks horribly

    This thread has to be the new benchmark of the minutiae of first world problems.
  13. jbawden

    Paint Failure?

    "I'm Earl Scheib and I'll paint any car, any color for just $99.95, no ups and no extras" Looks like the OP has the infamous Diamond Gloss paint.
  14. jbawden

    Washing a black Gravity without scratching?

    Not a fan of waterless cleaning for anything but light dust and pollen. Black is going to be a rough go.
  15. jbawden

    Incompatible Tesla Chargers

    I spend a lot of time at racetracks and the Tesla SC are available to anyone and 24 hours a day (verified with track management). In fact last summer at a race at Buttonwillow Raceway in CA (near Bakersfield) we had a Tesla enter a live race track with a race going on...not only that, but going...
Back
Top