Recent content by dwfallin

  1. D

    Warranty expiring in November

    Ahhh.. so if u drive 8001 miles in a 12 month period the coverage is ended!? If it’s an endurance plan - wouldn’t surprise me, had a pretty bad experience with them on my son’s truck. Also - I had the same thought as hmp10 on that list - seems like a shorter list would be what IS covered?
  2. D

    Car and Driver 0-150-0 comparison (and 0-200-20)

    just saw this - crazy impressive! love the cockpit noise too - between the vette and the mclaren, ya gotta love the engine roar but in a 5 passenger sedan, come on - gotta relax!
  3. D

    Simple Software updates - Hoping Lucid sees this!

    We already have ‘request a software update’? U don’t have to guess, when it’s available you’re prompted - don’t say update until you’re ready (in good Wi-Fi spot), right? I’d be ok with more/better notes as well, though I will say last couple were pretty detailed
  4. D

    Cosmos prototype

    I’ll have an order in if a sapphire version is under $80k!! :) Might be a little early to talk sapphire… let’s get the dream/GT out first…
  5. D

    $100K Lucid Air – 3 Years Later, Still Waiting on Promises

    ‘23 touring picked up in march, 41k miles, still love to drive it! In fact for the one time I had to go to service center in Atlanta (5hrs away) I chose to drive instead of having them shop it - and got the GT loaner while they swapped the battery! - range: I have 20” wheels and generally get a...
  6. D

    Gravity Efficiency and Range

    Just to throw it out there again, the epa rating does NOT suggest you’ll get that number by driving at highway speeds! It’s frustrating to hear over and over how “I drove at a solid 65 for 2hrs and did not the ‘rated’ efficiency”… no - u didn’t! And you won’t cuz that’s not what the number...
  7. D

    Need guidance on public charging

    Also non gravity owner here but from what I’ve seen/read, it’s pretty plug n charge. I’d also highly recommend PlugShare app - super helpful crowdsource reporting on status. (Not as necessary in gravity since Tesla’s network is more reliable than the competition). Maybe go find a local Tesla...
  8. D

    Suggested body repair shops in mid-south?

    i went to the one in nashville - beaman auto i think - they worked with me on my rental (since i was outta town, a little tricky) and no probs between them and insurance. quality was good, i was not prepared for how to handle ppf, shoud've cleared that up up front, but overall - no real complaints
  9. D

    Curious, anyone else with a problem free Air?

    ‘23 touring with 38k miles - most trouble free/reliable car I’ve ever owned… at any price. Carry phone and card as backup, don’t think I’ve ever had to use it; had screen go dark once… just parked (no reset) and started again and it never came back. Sad how much it’s depreciated… but still make...
  10. D

    Lucid owner from MD - AT

    Congrats - what color? Pics? I picked up ‘23 touring in MD almost 3 years/37k miles ago - sounds like same build - still look forward to every drive! I had the same wheels as you up until about 6k miles ago and had no problems with mild winters/little snow driving (memphis winters are not...
  11. D

    Gravity SW update inbound...

    I’ve got a software engineering background and was kinda thinking about this too, my thought was wondering if they’re moving towards integration with uber/nuro for the autonomous stuff? Maybe trying to prepare entry points for other systems or starting to work with additional hardware...
  12. D

    Do a lot of people compliment your cars?

    ‘23 touring black w/20” wheels - still get compliments! Picking up my sister at the airport and a few airport traffic cops came over and started grilling me on it - normally they just say ‘keep moving!’
  13. D

    Lucid Gravity GT 70MPH Range Test State of Charge Video - 345 Miles

    my point is - thats NOT what the epa estimate is claiming! people just assume that driving consistent at 70mph (or some highway speed) will give the best mileage, because thats the case with ice vehicles, not with ev's. so if you want to 'validate' the epa rating - you should do 'real world...
  14. D

    Lucid Gravity GT 70MPH Range Test State of Charge Video - 345 Miles

    Seems that the tester is making the common mistake of assuming epa rating= highway driving, pretty sure that’s not the case - especially in ev - pretty sure my best range is actually driving around city! Wish he would speak to that misconception
Back
Top