Recent content by DOBrien

  1. D

    Giant Windshield Crack

    That's a rather inane comment... I parked the car and used a Lucid-supplied sunshade. And you think I caused it? Improperly installed windshields occasionally DO fail, most new cars cover that in their warranty as was the experience with Borski and Prgarg who posted above with their Teslas...
  2. D

    Tire Recommendations?

    Yes, I'm fully aware that Tire Rack and others have that size for Lucid. I was getting at the fact that the Lucid-recommended tires that came with my car are no longer available. The NEW recommended tires are noisier. I'm looking for quieter tires of any brand.
  3. D

    Giant Windshield Crack

    I agree on all points... Colorado especially. Nylunds crew are great, but Lucid has denied every warranty claim I've had. There were no chips or any damage to the windshield, and none were showing within the crack. It went the full length of the window and no impact points are visible.
  4. D

    Giant Windshield Crack

    I have a full glass canopy. The aft glass is okay, only the front glass is cracked. A second piece of glass covers the rear half of the cabin.
  5. D

    Giant Windshield Crack

    I recently parked my car (Air GT, glass roof) in a secure outdoor airport lot for a 6-day trip. With the summer temperatures here, I installed the Lucid factory windshield cover to protect the interior. When I returned from my trip there was a crack in the window that zig-zagged from the...
  6. D

    Tire Recommendations?

    Thanks!
  7. D

    Tire Recommendations?

    Greetings, The 2023 factory installed 19-inch tires that came with my Air GT were the Pirelli P-Zero 245 /45 R19 units with the sound-absorbing pads on the inner walls. Those tires failed (one failed catastrophically, the other three were worn out) at 11,000 miles because Lucid installed...
  8. D

    Big Crack Appeared in Windshield

    No indication of an impact point anywhere in the glass. Yes, small star cracks can grow, but there are none. Interesting that the crack goes way down to the very bottom of the glass and runs along that area only about an inch or so above the base. It was not expose to any excess heat or cold...
  9. D

    Big Crack Appeared in Windshield

    I'll get a photo when I can get the car in a light that works.. phone cameras usually have polarized lenses that enhances reflections and hides subtle things you're trying to see. Thanks for the comment Sock & Photo Eye.
  10. D

    Big Crack Appeared in Windshield

    Greetings... I recently went on a trip for a week. While I was gone the car was parked for 6 days in a secure lot near Denver. When I returned the windshield had a giant crack that ran horizontally along the very bottom of the windshield (black area just above the wipers) for about a foot...
  11. D

    Issues With New Car

    That's interesting Sock... Mine was fixable, repaired, Lucid's fault, not mine. Warranty denied, no explanation. Service people were stellar, but unable to make any decisions. Customer Service people were responsive, restricted from making a judgement themselves, which is understandable...
  12. D

    Issues With New Car

    Well, I really wish I would have had access to an "@margie"-type person when I was having repeated ZERO responses to problems I was having last year. I gave up, wrote some big checks after being ignored despite numerous calls to the sympathetic ears on the Customer Service phone line. They...
  13. D

    Monitoring the 12v battery

    I don't think those jump starters will work on these batteries. Starters of this type (at least the NoCo unit I have) do not engage until there is a substantial starting load applied to the battery. If the unit does not sense it, the power relay will not engage. I would suggest connecting...
  14. D

    Lucid support in decline?

    Over the last year I've found the service team at Denver to be stellar. They are responsive and communicate very well but they can make no decisions when corporate denies warranty. However, corporate response to problems is non-existent. Customer service agents on the phone are express...
  15. D

    [RESOLVED] LEAVE-REGEN-ALONE

    There are several things that contribute to the amount of battery recovery during regen, and therefore efficiency. A lower regen setting CAN improve efficiency AS LONG as you anticipate stops sooner and are able to use all of the regen for stopping. Lets assume a given downhill trip and...
Back
Top