Recent content by dcr33313

  1. dcr33313

    Connected Home Charger - Speed Decreasing on 100A Circuit

    I do see the manual mentions compression lugs, not mechanical lugs. This is what my electrician selected, so I didn’t question it. It was permitted by the city and was passed during the inspection. My understanding (as a non-electrician) is that compression lugs are more important in...
  2. dcr33313

    Connected Home Charger - Speed Decreasing on 100A Circuit

    I think my electrician used an overly thick cable at 2/0 gauge instead of 2 gauge, so I needed a lug that was bigger than what you might need. It was a direct replacement of the damaged looking one already installed, and it is this one...
  3. dcr33313

    Stuck on Navigation Screen

    Not the same, but perhaps similar: at least 95% of the time after I charge, when I come back to the car and it wakes up, the map screen will pop up on the lower screen. The only way to get rid of it is to click the map button on the top screen and then click back to home. Extra odd since I...
  4. dcr33313

    Connected Home Charger - Speed Decreasing on 100A Circuit

    Ugh, now a new issue has popped up. I charged on Tuesday and after a bit, my current went down to 55-56 amps. I checked the current limit setting (on the app) and it was showing 55/55 amps, instead of 80/80. I checked the charger web portal and it was showing 55/80 being delivered. I unplugged...
  5. dcr33313

    Connected Home Charger - Speed Decreasing on 100A Circuit

    Just completed my second charge (40-80%) with the new LCHC and it again worked as it should. Maintained 80.5 amps the entire time, except for the last 30 seconds. That’s the first time I just happened to be checking the charge right at the end, and it went down to about 55 amps, but pretty sure...
  6. dcr33313

    Connected Home Charger - Speed Decreasing on 100A Circuit

    There is no need to throttle down charging unless going to 100% and then only the last few percentage points. When going to 80-90%, there should be no throttling.
  7. dcr33313

    Connected Home Charger - Speed Decreasing on 100A Circuit

    Update: I received my replacement LCHC, the -03 J1772 model, and installed it this past Saturday. Since it was a switch out, I ended up completing the process myself. I ended up having to run out to Home Depot to get a new lug for the L2 cable as the one there was missing a small chunk of one of...
  8. dcr33313

    Connected Home Charger - Speed Decreasing on 100A Circuit

    My replacement charger is soon to ship out, and I will work to get the new one installed and ship the old one back to Lucid. Hopefully the v3 version solves the issue for me as well, but yeah, this is clearly a software issue with at least all other EVSE. I don’t really ever use any other...
  9. dcr33313

    Air Fob Software Update

    I received a push notification about 15 minutes ago about a fob update for my Air. It said that I needed the fob near my phone and more than 50 feet from the car, and that It would create a direct connection to the fob and update the software. I attempted to do this, but I got an error three...
  10. dcr33313

    Air Version 2.9.0

    After the update downloads, the car has to process the update package a bit before it can be installed, just like the process of installing a software update on your phone or computer. Normally these are downloaded over cellular in the background, so you don’t see the delay between download and...
  11. dcr33313

    Air Version 2.9.0

    Just sat in the car for half an hour as the update downloaded to the car over my personal hotspot and not-so-great cellular connection. No real WiFi in my condo garage. My update only says 1h10min, but I only have DD Premium, so that is likely a part of the difference. The download was about...
  12. dcr33313

    Connected Home Charger - Speed Decreasing on 100A Circuit

    I have seen but never purchased a clamp-on meter, and now see now where they are useful. Makes far more sense than the leads… I’ve many times checked the webpage for the charger to see what measurements it is reporting, so yeah, not sure why the logs won’t suffice.
  13. dcr33313

    Connected Home Charger - Speed Decreasing on 100A Circuit

    Oh, I know. That’s my point…why are they asking me to measure the amperage of a live 240v connection? I’m very comfortable with switching out the charger with a turned off breaker and torquing the lugs appropriately, but testing a live connection is a very different thing.
  14. dcr33313

    Connected Home Charger - Speed Decreasing on 100A Circuit

    So, I just contacted customer care and yes, they sent me a request for a bunch of photos and readings from the EVSE. All good, except a bit apprehensive about a few items: “We need you to measure the voltage and need photos of the readings on your multimeter to determine what might might be the...
  15. dcr33313

    Connected Home Charger - Speed Decreasing on 100A Circuit

    Yeah, definitely not just a Gravity thing…I am still getting slow charges a year later. I’m finally going to stop being lazy and call Lucid to get the process started to hopefully replace the charger with the v3 version.
Back
Top