Recent content by dbsb3233

  1. D

    Out of Spec roadtrips Gravity and DDP2 has some issues

    I've been saying this for 5 years. When it's perfect enough to not need a steering wheel, then fine. I'll happily ride in those robotaxis. But supervised means it's not good enough to trust it to steer itself. And "supervision" is usually a joke. To properly supervise self-steering, you...
  2. D

    Cruise control slightly jerky between 60-70 MPH

    That's the way it feels to me too, that it's applying regen to keep jerking you back a little. The regen is SO strong on this car that even applying a short blip of it makes you really feel it. It's similar to the annoyance of trying to match speed when dropping out of ACC. If you don't get...
  3. D

    Key Fob battery drainage

    Of course, as long as you just leave the key far enough away, you don't need to mess with a Faraday pouch. All the pouch does is block the signal so it's not communicating with the car, but distance does the same thing. For me that's only about 15 feet away inside the door to my garage. I just...
  4. D

    Cruise control slightly jerky between 60-70 MPH

    I use ACC 98% of the time on the highway. Above 70 MPH it's nice and smooth. But between 60-70 it's slightly but consistently jerky. Not enough to actually change the speed a full 1 MPH, but I can feel the car fighting itself to keep a constant speed. And I can see the power meter...
  5. D

    Key Fob battery drainage

    Ah, more fob problems. The worst failure point on this car. I'm installing new batteries monthly. No noticeable improvement on mine. Lucid service gave me the oft-repeated "it's normal for the car to take up to 40 seconds to wake up and see the fob" response. Sure, that's normal.
  6. D

    "Engineering Explained" Takes Another Swipe at Lucid

    I like a stout front end (like the Gravity), and hate the low slopes (like Tesla). But yeah, I never quite got the monkey butt imprints that BMW uses. I don't hate it, but it just looks kinda unnecessary.
  7. D

    Cross Country Trip-Dreams & Nightmares?

    We just just completed a 2-week 3400 mile road trip. For the most part the car was quite dependable, other than the ever-present 5-20 second fob delays trying to unlock it. For a day and half, I kept getting a low tire pressure warning. Even though the tire pressures displayed a consistent...
  8. D

    "Engineering Explained" Takes Another Swipe at Lucid

    Half of this video was complaints on things he doesn't like. With EVs in particular, it's about picking cars with the least downsides/issues. It's still early in the game with relatively few choices compared to ICE.
  9. D

    Starlink Mount

    Yeah, frustrating that it won't work through the roof glass like it does on our Macan EV. So simple, and safe. With the roof glass reaching even further back in the Gravity it would be totally out of the way, and perfect. But alas. I have the same problem at most hotels. We stay at a lot of...
  10. D

    Starlink Mount

    I tried it on the liftgate window but couldn't get a signal. Not sure if that glass is also coated, or the ice melt wires interfere. I remember trying it twice with no success. Plus, it really blocks the (already bad) view out the back which I wasn't comfortable with even if it did work...
  11. D

    Starlink Mount

    Only briefly. I ordered both the suction cups and the magnet feet (it was only $10 more to get the combo, although the metal disks cost extra). At first I tried the suction cups, which are high quality and strong. But I only tried it around the neighborhood and a few miles on the interstate...
  12. D

    Starlink Mount

    Got back this week from a 3400 mile road trip (CO-TX-MS-TN) with the dish frequently mounted on the roof (outside). Worked like a champ. Very few signal drop-outs. I didn't have it mounted every day, but probably for 2000 miles of it. Only noticed 2 short drop-outs. Definitely better than...
  13. D

    WINDSHIELD REFLECTIONS ( Dash & HUD)

    Just my guess, but I would be very surprised if anything gets done to fix/replace the glare issue on existing cars. That's a physical problem with the HUD/dash, which would take much more effort and cost than pushing out software updates to address some of the simpler HUD issues. Lucid is...
  14. D

    "Engineering Explained" Takes Another Swipe at Lucid

    That's a good characterization of their execution on this one (and sadly, pretty much as a company on the whole so far).
  15. D

    "Engineering Explained" Takes Another Swipe at Lucid

    Their intention is to get everyone a good Gravity, of course, but for this scenario I'd think they'd have made extra sure. The alternative thought is even worse... that they're not even capable of telling if it's a good one or not. 😬
Back
Top