Recent content by allenmhc

  1. allenmhc

    Bear decals

    Ah, I didn't catch this thread earlier. I had asked a studio for extra decals in case I wanted to put them on, say, laptops. Measuring it on my desk, it's approx. 5.5" from bear nose to hind foot (width), and 2.5" from its back to the bottom of the paws (height).
  2. allenmhc

    The simple satisfaction of home dryer outlet charging

    We had them installed here in NorCal. Unfortunately, the alternative would have been a jigsaw puzzle of individual solar panels set up on our irregular rooftop, which would look *way* worse particularly with all the exposed wires having to connect each separate section. But yeah, Tesla...
  3. allenmhc

    Gravity GT-S

    Yeah, I agree it's a lower-effort way to "do something new" for a new model year. Since more traditional car manufacturers have gotten people used to annual tweaks and updates (and major ones every ~6 years or so), it's hard for car startups to maintain that pace of change when all they're just...
  4. allenmhc

    A very frustrated 2026 Lucid Gravity owner journey

    Well, there's the truism that software is never quite as easy as you'd want to think. But the real reason is likely b/c Lucid has had trouble dealing with the car's antenna, in conjunction w/ the sleep/wake status of the vehicle. That was *the* problem that had plagued the car since launch, and...
  5. allenmhc

    Is full self driving being developed for Gravity?

    So our household is interesting; I received my Gravity late last year, but insisted that my wife upgrade her old Model 3 → Model Y (with HW4, of course) earlier this year before they stopped doing FSD account transfers. I got to see what old HW3 → HW4 FSD looked like, while I drive my...
  6. allenmhc

    Gravity grand touring interior parts falling apart

    Ah, so I found this exact clip on the driver seat as well. For me, it was holding up a piece of felt trim on the floor well next to the accelerator/brake pedals. The trim covered up some additional mechanics, and it was just a matter of fitting the trim piece back in place, and then using that...
  7. allenmhc

    [Suggestions] Software features from other brands that make sense

    Right, I'm not saying that this is universally impossible or unsafe, but I can also imagine that it's harder than we appreciate for it to be purely software-enabled. Another instance I can think of is different cars will stop closing their trunks upon encountering resistance (which is a safety...
  8. allenmhc

    [Suggestions] Software features from other brands that make sense

    I'm 90% sure that the ride height (lackof) options are there for safety reasons, not b/c Lucid is inconveniencing their customers on purpose.
  9. allenmhc

    [Suggestions] Software features from other brands that make sense

    I mean, yes, that's an annoyance, but you're talking about the tradeoff between having to press the button every time you get in and get out of the vehicle, for the very minor benefit of running into the house/store without a key that's like once every 10–20 occasions. And even then, there are...
  10. allenmhc

    Lucid Gravity in the wild

    I've seen more Gravities around my neck of the woods in the Bay Area peninsula—almost always other dads, though, driving our kids to sporting events and such.
  11. allenmhc

    [Suggestions] Software features from other brands that make sense

    I'm not sure all of these make sense. In particular, the ignition scheme that you have isn't really needed for EVs, and it may just take a while for you to get used to EVs to appreciate that it's much simpler to drive a car w/o having to worry about that difference between whether you're...
  12. allenmhc

    Creak around the dash area when accelerating/declerating

    Hey folks, wondering if other owners have run across this at all. Since I took the Gravity in to replace a side window (long story… heavy doors + slopes made for a little incident), I've noticed that there's a small but noticeable creaaaak when I'm driving, usually when I go from a stop to...
  13. allenmhc

    New high performance gravity being revealed this month.Plus the cosmos info

    Yeah, I just saw that email come through too. So they *can* paint it in blue, but you can't buy the GT-S in blue… that's such a strange choice. I would have loved to have had the option of getting a Dream Edition in blue, since all my other cars up to this point have also been blue. Ah well.
  14. allenmhc

    Gravity efficiency is low for me

    I wonder how much of the LucidTrackerApp is also tilted towards Dream Edition vehicles, which I've learned and accepted that we get 0.2–0.3 fewer miles/kWh than even the GT.
  15. allenmhc

    Gaps Around 2nd Row Seatbelt Buckle

    Yeah, I ran into this like a month into my ownership of the Gravity, also having my kids lose pencils, clips, and random things around the buckles. This was my thread at the time, and I think I mostly solved it w/ buckle holders...
Back
Top