when should i replace the tires? (1 year old Air Touring with 20 inch original tires)

Just replaced mine at 22K.
Interesting I am at 14k miles so far and about half done I anticipate change needed at 28k but with my powder coats on who knows I can keep switching like I do for my sport shoes for walking alternate every 6 months maybe for maximum efficiency and rotation and powder coat looks

Choosing tires depends on your driving style. Those Michelins are well known outstanding summer performance tires. I have them on my Porsche Boxster but personally would not put them on my Lucid Air. They will wear out faster and be noisier than a grand touring tire. If you need outstanding performance, those Michelins are fantastic but there will be compromises in tread life and tire noise.

If you prefer a quieter, longer lasting tire then get a Grand touring style of tire. The actual tire noise is influenced much more by the tread design and rubber compound than by a thin layer of foam in the tire. I think the foam is a bit of a gimmick.

Read the Tire Rack official reviews (not the customer reviews). They do a great job evaluating tires for wet and dry performance as well as tire noise.

Personally I love Michelin all season sports 4 I have it both my model Y and Lucid GT. I know they are expensive nearly 1200$ for a set of 4 but also noticed tire rack has some clearance deals on other brands like Hankook and Bridgestone. It’s seems hard to chose the expensive Michelin if you could get a set of Bridgestone for half the cost makes you wonder…

Looking on Tirerack there is a Michelin Pilot Sport EV that would be a good option if you want a Summer Performance tire. Alternatively for a lot less money there is a Kumho Majesty 9 Grand Touring All Season tire that would be an option. You would lose some dry performance for high performance driving (which most people don't do in a Lucid) but probably gain tread life and it would be likely much quieter. I have no personal experience with this Kumho tire however so I am guessing.

Back