Sapphire lease

I drive the Sapphire in Sapphire mode all the time. Rolling on the throttle at say 60 mph is a whole different animal than the Dream. I believe the hp is more like 1500. 1200 hp at the rear wheels sounds right. After driving the Sapphire for a few days I can really tell the difference when I hit the same throttle in the Dream. It is stupid that I actually get disappointed when I do it as I expect the pull of the Sapphire. The Dream is what sold me on Lucid and sold me on getting a Sapphire when they came out. I don't plan on putting it on a Dyno as I'm not chasing numbers. I sold my TurboS Porsche because I would much rather drive the Sapphire. I used to do lots of track days but not any longer. I have two old Nascars that are just sitting now. No the Sapphire doesn't handle like the Porsche but these days most people run out of driving talent long before reaching the cars limits. If I want to pass someone on the freeway it is effortless. You can be doing 135 and it feels the same as doing 60. It is just that smooth. When I got to take delivery at Infineon raceway and do drag racing I was a little anxious and launching a 8 second car. It was nothing but easy and fun. I have owned hundreds of cars in my lifetime and the Sapphire is right at the top. I'll stop my babble.

I drive the Sapphire in Sapphire mode all the time. Rolling on the throttle at say 60 mph is a whole different animal than the Dream. I believe the hp is more like 1500. 1200 hp at the rear wheels sounds right. After driving the Sapphire for a few days I can really tell the difference when I hit the same throttle in the Dream. It is stupid that I actually get disappointed when I do it as I expect the pull of the Sapphire. The Dream is what sold me on Lucid and sold me on getting a Sapphire when they came out. I don't plan on putting it on a Dyno as I'm not chasing numbers. I sold my TurboS Porsche because I would much rather drive the Sapphire. I used to do lots of track days but not any longer. I have two old Nascars that are just sitting now. No the Sapphire doesn't handle like the Porsche but these days most people run out of driving talent long before reaching the cars limits. If I want to pass someone on the freeway it is effortless. You can be doing 135 and it feels the same as doing 60. It is just that smooth. When I got to take delivery at Infineon raceway and do drag racing I was a little anxious and launching a 8 second car. It was nothing but easy and fun. I have owned hundreds of cars in my lifetime and the Sapphire is right at the top. I'll stop my babble.
I also tend to leave mine in Sapphire mode and my lifetime average of 2.4 kwh/mile over the course of just under 3k miles is proof of just how tempting it is to use that power all the time lol.

To me, understating the HP is just part of the Lucid brand. And a great way to differentiate themselves from the competition.

If you know, you know. You don't have to post meaningless numbers on a spreadsheet in a desperate attempt to "beat" everyone else. You also don't sacrifice everything else in the mad pursuit of a single number.

To me, this is the difference between a Lucid customer and a Tesla customer. There's a quiet confidence that goes with everything Sapphire stands for. It's not a car for the insecure.

To me, understating the HP is just part of the Lucid brand. And a great way to differentiate themselves from the competition.

If you know, you know. You don't have to post meaningless numbers on a spreadsheet in a desperate attempt to "beat" everyone else. You also don't sacrifice everything else in the mad pursuit of a single number.

To me, this is the difference between a Lucid customer and a Tesla customer. There's a quiet confidence that goes with everything Sapphire stands for. It's not a car for the insecure.
True, but.. THREE HUNDRED hp? That difference is absolutely massive, as even 100 would normally be huge.

Now, obviously, sacrificing everything for a HP number (cough cough Plaid) is a bad thing.. but when the Lucid already makes this amount of power and doesn't sacrifice anything.. why the drastic under-rating? It ALREADY has it, after all!

Then again, we have to remember that 1513 HP number hasn't been mentioned anywhere except Motortrends drag race, so who knows if it's true or not.

Then again, we have to remember that 1513 HP number hasn't been mentioned anywhere except Motortrends drag race, so who knows if it's true or not.

I haven't seen the 1513 number mentioned elsewhere, but it was Peter Rawlinson himself who said in a recent interview that the Sapphire actually produced significantly more power than its 1234 rating.

I have been looking for that clip again and not yet come across it, but in doing so I came up again on this image from an earlier video that I had forgotten. It's Lucid's dual rear drive unit compared to Tesla's. Talk about one picture being worth a thousand words:

Screenshot 2024-05-12 at 2.52.50 PM.png

It's a vivid illustration of why it's so difficult to keep our Plaid's front end planted during hard acceleration. And remember that the Tesla dual unit is not even programmed for torque vectoring.

I think the 1234hp rating is the one to publicize. If they issued a ~1500hp number all of the published tests would be about how with 1.5x the hp the Lucid is only marginally quicker/slower than the Plaid. Who cares (other than bragging, like the collector watch crowd) what the hp is. How the car performs is what's important.

Why don't one of you lucky Lucid Air Sapphire owners put one your cars on a HUB dyno? I mean that'll be the definitive (ish) end to that! But looking at the power and weight etc I'd put the power at around 1400hp.🙂

Not wheel horsepower.

I don't know why everyone ignores the Sapphire's carbon brakes.

I thought carbon brakes were a ridiculous expense for anything but the track, until I bought a used car that had them. A station wagon.
1715553219449.jpeg

Wow. Stop on a dime and gives you nine cents in change.
They are in no way ridiculous, and you don't have to deal with brake dust on the rims.
And the Michelin tires...and the torque vectoring software,
and the paint, and the status of having the most sleepiest sleeper car ever made.
and... and...

a halo car may it be ... it's freakin' awesome. somebody stop me before I hyperbole again.

Hello Mr Sapphire!🙂

"Went to the Newport Beach showroom. The lease is $4200 a month before tax for 36months and $24k down!"

Is this accurate still from earlier in this thread?

And also does it come with a house LOL! 😂
I was at the Newport showroom too for more info on leasing the Sapphire. I wish they had demo.
If the residual is $100k, the minimum payments on a 36month lease is $4200

MY two cents. I think the advertised HP number is an inside joke between Rawlinson and Musk. 1234 vs Plaid.
And it refers, of course, to this nice Spaceballs vid.

Btw, on a quite few levels, there is NO comparison between my GT-P and the Sapphire.

MY two cents. I think the advertised HP number is an inside joke between Rawlinson and Musk. 1234 vs Plaid.

Btw, on a quite few levels, there is NO comparison between my GT-P and the Sapphire.
I can't believe I never thought of this! Excellent catch and I totally agree now that you've pointed it out

Insane catch! Now I feel like an idiot for not realizing this.. the answer was so obvious the whole time. 🤣 I'd bet you're basically 99.9 percent right!

Now that's what I love about Lucid.. they can tease competitors, but do it extremely subtly and not on Twitter X like Tesla (or rather Elon) does. This is evident through numerous interviews, reviews, videos, and it almost reminds me of what Apple used to do in their presentations. Now THATS how you handle PR like a mature person.. "somebody" didn't get the memo at Tesla (oh wait, they don't have a pr department to get that memo 🙄).

Back