Real world range touring 19 inch wheels

Just finished a trip from San Diego to Big Bear on Pure AWD with 19 inch wheels. 314 miles at 4 mi/kWh. Since this was my first trip to the mountains I was extra cautious. Charged to 90% at Colton EA. Then drove up the mountain, drove around the lake, went to nearby lakes too before driving back. Reached back San Diego at 25% SoC. My ACC was set to 75-78 depending on traffic but average speed was probably lower due to traffic

Can anyone share real world range for touring with 19 inch wheels either from personal experience or link to a test ?
Thanks !
I just completed a 1,350 mile road trip from Ft. Lauderdale to Cleveland, Ohio. Averaged 3.1miles/KWh. My son did a lot of the driving where he's not adverse to 90 to 110mph sprints. On one leg where I had cruise set on 74mph, I averaged 4.4miles/kwh over a 250mile segment.. It is hard to drive this slowly because it really wants to run fast.

I've put 2300 miles so far on my 2024 Lucid Air Touring with 19's. Averaging 3.6 miles per kWh. Most of that has been highway driving with the cruise set at 77mph and the AC cranked up.

Many owners have commented how driving conditions such as speed, wind, elevation, temperature, etc. etc. affect efficiency and range. @Bobby also published an insightful video on this subject.

One "gadget" I found quite useful to understand all these factors that affect range and efficiency is a "real-time" efficiency minitor. There is such a gaget on the Rivian. As you can see in the attached images, Rivian displays a running 15min "real-time" effficiency on its dash. Rivian's benchmark efficiency metric is 2 mi/kWh. As you can see from the sample images, you can see how all the factors that affect eficciency (hence range) can be visulized in "real-time". This gadget informs the driver on how his behavior (e.g., speed, acceleration, etc.) and environmental factors (temperature, elevation changes, road cobditions etc.) affect the efficicy and the range. There is also a separate range tracker on the dash.

I don't know if this is old news. I haven't seen it mentioned on the Lucid Oners Forum. Perhaps Lucid can develop a similar tracker. I find it very useful.

Attachments

• Rivian 3.jpg
    Rivian 3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 31
  • Rivian 2.jpg
    Rivian 2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 33
  • Rivian 1.jpg
    Rivian 1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
Many owners have commented how driving conditions such as speed, wind, elevation, temperature, etc. etc. affect efficiency and range. @Bobby also published an insightful video on this subject.

One "gadget" I found quite useful to understand all these factors that affect range and efficiency is a "real-time" efficiency minitor. There is such a gaget on the Rivian. As you can see in the attached images, Rivian displays a running 15min "real-time" effficiency on its dash. Rivian's benchmark efficiency metric is 2 mi/kWh. As you can see from the sample images, you can see how all the factors that affect eficciency (hence range) can be visulized in "real-time". This gadget informs the driver on how his behavior (e.g., speed, acceleration, etc.) and environmental factors (temperature, elevation changes, road cobditions etc.) affect the efficicy and the range. There is also a separate range tracker on the dash.

I don't know if this is old news. I haven't seen it mentioned on the Lucid Oners Forum. Perhaps Lucid can develop a similar tracker. I find it very useful.

Similar display on Teslas. They’ve had the same graph representation for years. 5 miles, 15 miles and 30 miles. Though I can’t be sure of all the “mile posts” since I haven’t used the graph in a very long time. The app though, is very useful on roadtrips. I agree with you, it would be a great thing to have in our Lucids.

About 2k miles. Air Pure rwd. I have an average of 3.6. I drive highway a lot and speed around 80-90mph usually. I can’t go slower, it wants to go!

Ok about 1000 miles in for air touring with 19 inch tires - most of it highway averaging 65MPH - getting 4.4 miles per kWh
Ok. Sorry if this comment is offensive. But 1,000 miles of highway at 65 mph on a Lucid is blasphemy! Haha

Back