Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Dream P
DE Number
Referral Code
R0YBCKIJ

bev-us-comparison-price-per-mile-epa-20220209.png

They should base the cost per mile on their 70-mph test, not the EPA rating. That would change the "value" of many of the EVs listed.

Considering all the luxury, room, and other features you get with the car, this makes the Lucid Dream look like a bargain, whether by EPA rating or 70-mph range tests.

Considering all the luxury, room, and other features you get with the car, this makes the Lucid Dream look like a bargain, whether by EPA rating or 70-mph range tests.

Agreed. But Tesla looks like a better value than reality, and some of the vehicles like the Taycan look worse than reality. Not much would change with the Air because it essentially met the EPA rating.

It's amazing the Lucid Grand Touring is a better deal based on this metric compared to my 2019 Audi E-tron which cost $75k. Yes the E-tron cost almost half as much, but you pay more per mile of range.

These are not the true cost/mile of ownership numbers. The Taycan 4s is listed as one of the worst at $488. I bought mine two years ago for $116k ($123.5k-the credit). I have driven the car 11,000 miles and used 3.3 MWh for a total cost of 340 dollars. A dealer offered me $111k for it last month. My cost /mile during my ownership is 50 cents/mile

I think the assumption in something like this is not selling the car back after X amount of time. It makes it too complicated. This is just MSRP and EPA mileage

I think the assumption in something like this is not selling the car back after X amount of time. It makes it too complicated. This is just MSRP and EPA mileage
I agree. But the chart is very misleading as it is presented as cost per EPA mile which only useful at the time of purchase as everything else is a variable

I agree. But the chart is very misleading as it is presented as cost per EPA mile which only useful at the time of purchase as everything else is a variable
I think that was the purpose of the chart, for people who are looking at buying a EV and want to compare. Like..should I buy a Ioniq, EV6, Mach-E, or Model Y. Start with cost/EPA mile and go from there. It's useful for people comparing Trim levels as well.

And what’s missing in this list? The Lucid Air Pure. If it was inserted into this list, it would probably be hovering near the top.

Back