Electrify America charging free?

Thanks! If there is any extra charge (like idle charge?? maybe?) how will it charge me? Will I be asked for my credit card on the station console? Ultimately, Is there any reason or benefit to use the EA app with or without login?
There can be times when you might want to use the EA app, but if you have free charging, I would suggest that you actually avoid setting up an account, and loading your credit card information. You can still use the EA app to do things like checking out station availability and specific charger performance, but you can also do that in the Lucid (and others) app. My point is that the 'handshake' between EA and the car requires no app sign-up, and in the event of some kind of communication problem between the two, I don't want to risk the EA system defaulting to a paid charge. I have charged a lot of times, and never missed having an activated EA app.

As far as idle fees go, there you be none charged with the promo, but more importantly...PLEASE DO NOT GO THERE! Nothing is more annoying than waiting for a charger while some fool has their car just sitting there taking up a space. I would never go there, and I wouldn't be surprised to find my car 'keyed' if I did!

Of there is a "handshake" issue, you may have to confirm the EA charger through the Lucid app - not the EA app. As stated before, if you really have free charging, don't put any info into the EA app.

There can be times when you might want to use the EA app, but if you have free charging, I would suggest that you actually avoid setting up an account, and loading your credit card information. You can still use the EA app to do things like checking out station availability and specific charger performance, but you can also do that in the Lucid (and others) app. My point is that the 'handshake' between EA and the car requires no app sign-up, and in the event of some kind of communication problem between the two, I don't want to risk the EA system defaulting to a paid charge. I have charged a lot of times, and never missed having an activated EA app.

As far as idle fees go, there you be none charged with the promo, but more importantly...PLEASE DO NOT GO THERE! Nothing is more annoying than waiting for a charger while some fool has their car just sitting there taking up a space. I would never go there, and I wouldn't be surprised to find my car 'keyed' if I did!
Thanks for all the insight! I started with EA app and created an account w/ free membership level. After the suggestion to bypass the app, I tried doing the direct plug in without any authorization with my EA account, it works as you all suggested! Looking at the EA app, I believe it is not linked to my Lucid at all even those I used the same email address to registered on both Lucid and EA side. Sounds like they work independently. I assume once my promotion ran out in 11 months, I could either use the EA app or credit card to pay on the spot at that time.

Thanks for all the insight! I started with EA app and created an account w/ free membership level. After the suggestion to bypass the app, I tried doing the direct plug in without any authorization with my EA account, it works as you all suggested! Looking at the EA app, I believe it is not linked to my Lucid at all even those I used the same email address to registered on both Lucid and EA side. Sounds like they work independently. I assume once my promotion ran out in 11 months, I could either use the EA app or credit card to pay on the spot at that time.
You're welcome! You are probably right about there being no link between the Lucid/EA set-up and the independent EA app, but I just didn't want to take the chance. BTW, in case you had not caught it elsewhere in the forum, users who have had a really persistent 'handshake' problem, to the point where they eventually just went ahead and paid via credit card, report that they notified Lucid, who then reimbursed them. If you do have a handshake problem, open the Lucid app, and the charging station you are plugged into typically shows up right on the app, and there is a button to verify your Lucid/EA account from there. There used to be a lot of such handshake problems, but I haven't had one in a few months now.

Back