Coughing noise when accelerating from a stop

Dsk101867

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Pure AWD
I use the regen braking to the max on my 23 AP AWD. When I accelerate (gently) from a stop, there is a weird kind of "coughing" noise from the pedal area, and a very slight hesitation in accelerating. I've gotten used to the engine whine at low speeds, but this continues to annoy me mildly, even at 4500 miles.

I'm scheduled for service (non mobile) in 2 weeks for excessive wind noise/air leakage in the drivers side window, I've made a note of this issue, is this something that can be fixed or is it a Lucid quirk?

Thanks!

I use the regen braking to the max on my 23 AP AWD. When I accelerate (gently) from a stop, there is a weird kind of "coughing" noise from the pedal area, and a very slight hesitation in accelerating. I've gotten used to the engine whine at low speeds, but this continues to annoy me mildly, even at 4500 miles.

I'm scheduled for service (non mobile) in 2 weeks for excessive wind noise/air leakage in the drivers side window, I've made a note of this issue, is this something that can be fixed or is it a Lucid quirk?

Thanks!
I haven't heard of it before.

Try disabling hold mode to see if the issue resolves. That would be a good data point for service
Yup, I’d bet it’s exactly that, the brake hold releasing upon acceleration. It does make an odd noise I haven’t had with other EVs. You just get acclimated to it over time.

Back