22 Lucid sold as a 24

Davivi

Cars
Lucid Touring. Jeep 4Xe
I read articles about the Lucid Air years ago and wanted one, but I remembered my pain of owning a first year BMW 7 series with iDrive infotainment system. So, I patiently waited two years for Lucid to work out the bugs and fix build quality issues that they were bound to have. I have now owned my 24 Touring for a month, I refuse to believe that Lucid has not yet fixed most of the issues, all you folks on this forum have been complaining about. Why do we still need to use "Bobby foam" to stop the rattle, deal with navi issues, laggy UI, screens going blank or becoming unresponsive, and most frustrating thing of all. The door locks, after owning a Lucid I realize I took that convenience for granted, for decades my previous cars have locked and unlocked when I needed or wanted it to. And when I try to ask it to do something, because it didn't do it on it's own, my Lucid is always asleep, what's with that? Mine cannot be a 24 Touring, not with you folks mentioning the same issues for the past 2 years, it must be a 22 sold as a 24. But I do love the way it drives!

I read articles about the Lucid Air years ago and wanted one, but I remembered my pain of owning a first year BMW 7 series with iDrive infotainment system. So, I patiently waited two years for Lucid to work out the bugs and fix build quality issues that they were bound to have. I have now owned my 24 Touring for a month, I refuse to believe that Lucid has not yet fixed most of the issues, all you folks on this forum have been complaining about. Why do we still need to use "Bobby foam" to stop the rattle, deal with navi issues, laggy UI, screens going blank or becoming unresponsive, and most frustrating thing of all. The door locks, after owning a Lucid I realize I took that convenience for granted, for decades my previous cars have locked and unlocked when I needed or wanted it to. And when I try to ask it to do something, because it didn't do it on it's own, my Lucid is always asleep, what's with that? Mine cannot be a 24 Touring, not with you folks mentioning the same issues for the past 2 years, it must be a 22 sold as a 24. But I do love the way it drives!
What?

Also, let’s say that all these quirks reminded you of 2022 cars, you know that 2022 tourings.. DONT EVEN EXIST, right? Only GTs/DEs had the chance to be a 22 model year. This conclusion is so inaccurate that it actually hurts my brain. “My tesla still has has bad build quality.. I refuse to believe they haven’t fixed this over this much time. My Cybertruck must be a 2012 model!!!”

Last edited:
I think your Lucid comes with a VIN.

When you look it up, it would tell you what year model it is no matter when it is sold.

Some manufacturer would sell a current year car at the end of the year as next year model but its VIN would tell you so.

I bought my Lucid near Christmas of 2022 and I got model 2022 in all paperworks.

It's hard to tell but I think you are trying to be a little bit tongue-in-cheek here and saying that nothing has really changed since 2022, which couldn't be further from the truth. I was recently at the factory and watched the newer vehicles being assembled. Attention to detail is hugely improved over what it was a couple years ago. As far as software goes, the 2024 models share the same architecture as the 2022 so you won't see any difference there.

Lately, I have had zero problems with locking and unlocking. Could you please describe a little more thoroughly what is happening with your vehicle? There are many people on here willing to offer you some help.

I agree with you that the user interface isn't all that it could be. If that's very important to you as a buyer, you might consider vehicles that have a more complete user interface, of course at the expense of the incredible driving experience and range of the Lucid.

I don't know what you mean by "My Lucid is always asleep." Could you describe that further?

I don’t experience the same frustrations and my touring is a Nov 2022 purchase, model year 2023.

The doors have improved significantly using Apple Lucid Mobile Key.

Bobby foam is a simplified do it yourself fix but you can let mobile service know and they can address it.

As far as the navigation, I use CarPlay for nearly all infotainment features. While I agree it’s not effective to us the built in Lucid navigation and can use improvements, that was not the defining feature for purchasing this vehicle.

I purchase it for its drive quality, range, looks, and the OTA ability that separates it from say the BMW as you used in your example. Since I have owned this vehicle, the software has hugely improved via OTA SW updates. Given time, I feel Lucid will address your concerns.

However, all of that said, I understand your thought process in buying 2 years after release.

Thank you Bobby, yes it was my poor attempt at tongue in cheek. I was exhausted coming back from an early airport drop off and just wanted to vent my frustrations. First, I couldn’t unlock my car from inside to let my brother in at his house because the pilot screen had become unresponsive. So, I reached over to manually open the door for him. At the airport, as I was saying goodbye few feet away from the car, it kept locking and unlocking repeatedly. On my way back, the streets were empty and I was really enjoying my drive listening to some Pink Floyd. But couldn’t really turn up the volume past the half point because of the rear shelf rattling. When I got home, I did the Air logo reset like the SA told me to do when the screen became unresponsive last week, so I can unlock from inside and I use a key fob, because became so frustrated with the mobile key. I did update the app, maybe I’ll give that a try again.

Regarding, my car is always sleeping remark, when I try to use the app to turn on the AC
or unlock, I feel like it takes too long for the car to “wake up” I do love my Lucid, in fact my friend just picked up his Lucid this week from my honest opinion. He didn’t know Lucid existed until he saw mine. Now, I get to spend my first 6k referral points, maybe I could order some “Bobby Foam”

Regarding, my car is always sleeping remark, when I try to use the app to turn on the AC
or unlock, I feel like it takes too long for the car to “wake up” I do love my Lucid, in fact my friend just picked up his Lucid this week from my honest opinion. He didn’t know Lucid existed until he saw mine. Now, I get to spend my first 6k referral points, maybe I could order some “Bobby Foam”
I would contact service. You might have a bad CCC module.

Back